How to be sure that disc is copyrighted not copiable?

healer

I try to make a duplicate of some video DVDs for keeps.  I get errors with most of them.  How can I tell the original disc is set up not copyable to protect its copright, not any other technical problem?  Could some error messages tell me?  Please give some examples!

Well, depending on how you're trying to make said duplicates, the program should tell you if it detects CSS/AACS copy protection on a disc.

It only does that if you try to read the disc to an image using Read mode.

If you aren't getting such a message, please post the log so we can see the errors you're getting.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply because I didn't get an email alert.  I am trying to change the setting so that I would get an email alert again but I can't find where on your web site to do so.  Please advise!

I have been trying to create a disc image for a video DVD.  I would like to be able to identify when the disc is copyrighted that I can't technically copy or create a disc image and when there are actually other technical errors.  What error messages would be generated from your software when the disc is copyrighted that stops me from doing what I want to do.

Imgburn doesn't have a function of copying disc directly, so I suppose I have to create the disc image and write the disc image to a blank in order to achieve the copy process.

Go to your username in top right corner, click on it > My Settings > Notifications Options to make the changes for email notifications.

If the disc is copy protected you should see a similar screen

clipm.png

If you continue when errors out you should see in the log something like

W 07:54:47 Failed to Read Sectors 288 - 319 - Reason: Read of Scrambled Sector Without Authentication
W 07:54:47 Failed to Read Sector 305 - Reason: Read of Scrambled Sector Without Authentication
W 07:54:47 Sector 305 maps to File: \VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.VOB
W 07:54:47 Retrying (1 of 20)...
W 07:54:47 Retry Failed - Reason: Read of Scrambled Sector Without Authentication

Basically most of the DVD Videos you buy or rental are copy protected.

If you get other errors, maybe the disc is damaged or is a bad burn. Scrathes, dust or finger prints can cause reading errors too.

Post a log for more help as per the pink box above.

Yes, you need to make an image first than burn it to disc. This method will save you from troubles if the drive can't read the disc unlike the direct copy witch will make you costers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.