not cool

not nice

why bundle extra unwanted crap with your program?

i used to love imburn but now not so much.

i dont need angry birds or toolbars or have my browser and search engine set to some unknown webpage.

then once your past all that it again tries to install some other game?

and to make it worse you reccomend that people install all this crap.. pretty sad that you cant trust what used to be an excellent program

this is probably the most spammy installer i have ever seen. not cool

Nothing is 'bundled' now, the OpenCandy platform used in the most recent installer (rather than the fixed/bundled 'Ask.com' toolbar) makes product offerings and installs whatever you opt in to or don't opt out off.

ImgBurn as an actual program hasn't changed, so your feelings about it shouldn't change either. You only install it once, you use it x number of times.

I'd rather the Ask toolbar than any unheard of crapware.

"ImgBurn as an actual program hasn't changed, so your feelings about it shouldn't change either."

Well they have. I'm sorry they have. I can't understand why you can't see that. If there were none of these 'offers' included in the installer then yes, feelings would not change.

The fact that the installer says 1) "recommended by image burn" 2) and the options are enabled by default and worded like they are part of the product, as in "express install" - as if to help the user - and you saw this because I showed you a screenshot of the installer. Those things associate imgburn with these 'offers' and lead people to believe they are bundled together and also be concerned as to what is actually being installed on their PC. Yes you cn pick me up on being click-happy and I admitted that but the installer is setup like that for people to get tripped up. They wouldn't have the boxes unticked by default now would they? Just like an application form has a box at the bottom saying "tick this box if you don't want to receive offers from us and other 3rd parties". These things are set in a default state that does not benefit the customer.

"not nice" - thanks for taking the time to voice your concerns.

I'll say it again. If it was just plain imgburn with none of these offers we wouldn't be having any of these discussions.

If it was just plain imgburn with none of these offers we wouldn't be having any of these discussions

.But it is offered and we are having a discussion about something that users have no expectation to control.  The program is freeware and the author picks up a couple bucks for including the 'candy'...so what?  Uninstall the program and then watch what you're doing on the reinstall and keep on enjoying a great program.

happy to pay for this product rather than have to avoid installing stuff I don't want. Never heard of the 'candy' offered (i.e. delta-search) so naturally suspicious. Such candy is of limited use and not what the user wants - google, bing are good enough for most people what would delta-search offer them that these don't and would people consciously visit delta search to get just product, the answer would be no I think.

Points expanded on here:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=21642&p=148532