Device Buffer drops at 97%

Teddybaby

I have been using Imgburn for a long time.  I have noticed that when I burn a bluray ISO the device buffer which is always 100% drops off at the end of burning to around 98 % until finished.  The result of this is a movie that freezes in the Bluray player towards the end. I did an experiment and used the same movie and converted it to BVMD and Certificate and burned it as a Write files to folders to disc with no problems.  I then took the same ISO and burned it using cyberlink (which came with my Burner) and although it took longer it didn't freeze in my player.. I used the exact same settings in both.  Just wondering why the buffer drops off at the end of burning before the disc is done???

The device buffer isn't going to have anything to do with the problem you're having. It'll just be something your drive is doing.

Post the log so we can see you burning and verifying the disc. If you burnt at what was supposedly the same speed on both apps and cyberlink took longer, it probably enabled defect management (so the drive verifies as it burns and remaps bad sectors).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.