Which Layer break point to choose ?

phil

• 2 weeks later...

I 'll ask my question regarding LBs...

When you have a list of many LB options like above, but all of them marked as average and NO SPLIP, which one should you choose and why?

Why after choosing a LB position and building the image, when you choose to display the LB info, that position has been transformed to good (from average)?

Edited by nautilus7

It really doesn't matter.

But in any case, you have to take certain things into consideration.

i.e. they'll all be different cells, possibly in different VTS sets / PGC's.

They'll also have different '%' values. 50/50 being the best for read compatibility. That '%' is the number of sectors (as a percentage of the total!) on each layer.

It helps to know what you're burning and what video goes with which pgc / vts set etc.

If you can get away with having the LB at a proper scene change (and not a fast moving one) then that'll be more aesthetically pleasing.

ok so play that bit of the movie and look at the times on your player and compare to the times listed.

Then see where would be a nice spot for the layer break where you wouldn't notice it too much.

Hmmm note to self, add 'Chapter' column to that window. I'd also like to add a preview button but I'm not really sure how to 'play' the content!

ok so play that bit of the movie and look at the times on your player and compare to the times listed.

Then see where would be a nice spot for the layer break where you wouldn't notice it too much.

Hmmm note to self, add 'Chapter' column to that window. I'd also like to add a preview button but I'm not really sure how to 'play' the content!

DVD2AVI? Or grab the PgcEdit previewer and integrate/call it.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.