Cannot Install ImgBurn in Work Environment: OpenCandy

fatbear

The company I work for manages security rules via centralized group policies and anti-virus protections.  ImgBurn software is categorized as malware/infected and any downloads or installation attempts are automatically prevented.  I cannot override these group policies and must therefore look elsewhere for similar software.  While I use ImgBurn at home, I cannot use it in its present form at work.  Please consider dropping OpenCandy in favor of delivery mechanisms that are not so poorly regarded.

Do you have any other delivery mechanism for work environments that aren't known to trigger security protection mechanisms?

I've been told this works but I tried it once and didn't get it to work, so you can try it if you wish.

You can download the OpenCandy wrapped installer to your home computer.  Then you can supposedly use 7-Zip to extract the actually installer of ImgBurn from the .EXE, the one that the OpenCandy wrapper runs after it runs its offers.  This .EXE is the actual ImgBurn installer without OpenCandy.  Then you can try to bring that installer .EXE into work and see if your admins will allow it to run.

As I said, I never got this to work, but you may have better luck than I.  Most people have better luck than I so you may have a higher confidence level in getting this to work.

Just copy your ImgBurn folder from home and put it on a read only share somewhere people can access or add those files to an msi package and roll it out via group policy.

OpenCandy is not a wrapper, you can't do what db said above. That just gets you access to the ImgBurn files that end up in the ImgBurn program folder.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.