Blu Ray Backups

Rusty4683

Hello, I've been using Imgburn to back up my personal blu ray collection, especially my 3D films. I have tried two different methods 1. I use imgburn to make an iso of the disk and it has no read errors. Then I use that iso to burn to a blank dual layer BD. 2. I have drag and dropped the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders and had imgburn write those to a disk as well. In both instances the movie gets to a certain point and freezes as if there is a scratch on the disk if the movie continues at all there is no audio and the image is distorted. However the exact same iso image will play all the way through on my computer, so I know the image is a good copy. I'd like to get to the bottom of this as backups are smart but won't be economical if I keep using disks trying to get it right. Help is appreciated.

You can't (shouldn't) do 3D films via the drag+drop ('Build') method, you must use ISO images ('Read' mode / 'Write' mode).

Beyond that, it's impossible to say if your drive is just producing burns that are hard to read back and that's why it freezes at certain points on your standalone. Every machine is different when it comes to the ability to read different discs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.