Quick question on buffer while BUILDING an .iso

Peppero01

Hi, I know if the buffer falls periodically while burning something, that the disk will most likely be a coaster. Does this correspond while BUILDING an iso? Because I noticed my dual layer iso build had points where the buffer would completely empty. thanks for the help in advance ;]

what makes you think the buffer fluctuating will result in a coaster?

both my benq drives fluctuate a lot because of the WOPC , and my pioneer actually stops between speed changes but i have not had a coaster out of any of them yet.

it is normal for the buffers to fluctuate in build mode and won't affect your iso ;)

not to go off topic, but while building the ISO it asks for a LB point. Now, at this point, will the video pause for a second to switch layers and start up again? I was wondering if there was a way to avert that and make a continuous transition without the pause--I've read up on seamless but it's tough to swallow and I still don't quite "get" it.

PS: I'd also like to know how to find the original LB point on the original DVD using PGCEdit--mine is a Evangelion disc with several episodes.. there doesn't seem to be a "main" video because they're all broken up into 23 min videos.

Edited by Peppero01

just use seamless, if your player supports it, if you don't know then maybe you will have to sacrifice a disc in the attempt, i did this recently for the first time as i didn't know if my player did or not but all worked flawlessly.

about the pgc edit question, best wait 'till blutach comes along , i dont use it

haha, thank you very much--sorry for being such an amateur, but this will be my LAST question. Do only few percentages of DVD player support seamless? And when building a seamless, if it does not work on the player, will it simply not boot up the DVD or will it stall at some point on the DVD? Lastly, when building an ISO, there is no option to mark it as seamless--when burning it, it'll automatically use the MDS to start burning and break at the LB point without asking if you would like it as seamless. Should I simply burn by using the .iso instead of the .mds then?

Edited by Peppero01

hmm , i've only ever used seamless building direct to disc, i dont make dual layer iso's any more.

i can't tell you what percentage of players support seamless , but i'm sure most newer players would.

Lastly, when building an ISO, there is no option to mark it as seamless

Erm....yes there is, it's the 'Seamless' checkbox on the 'Create Layer Break Position' window!

If you then use the MDS file to burn, the whole 'seamless' thing doesn't even come into the equation.

The seamless flag is something in the IFO files, the layer break physical location (as taken from the MDS) is something on the media.

So loading the MDS will mean ImgBurn doesn't touch the IFO files from how you've already configured them.

If you want to find the layerbreak position (physical one) on an original, put the disc in the drive and look at the 'Layer Information' down the bottom of the info panel in ImgBurn.

PS: I'd also like to know how to find the original LB point on the original DVD using PGCEdit--mine is a Evangelion disc with several episodes.. there doesn't seem to be a "main" video because they're all broken up into 23 min videos.
More than likely, in such a case, the LB will be positioned before one of the episodes.

Regards

pepper ,buffer under run protection (BURN proof )is turned on by default which means that the buffers could empty completely the burn would stop and wait for the buffers to fill and then resume the burn without any problems or creating a coaster . If I try to burn faster than my CPU can handle the buffers empty all the time and I havent created a coaster in years .There used to be a BURN proof box that you could enable/disable but it was removed from the main window in one of the upgrades to the program, if you go to tools, settings, write, its there now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.