Data DVD - Files can't be accessed after burn

roylayer

When burning a non-video DVD, some files are inaccesable after the burn. Here is the folder name:

Roxy Music?Glasgow 2001-06-11 (SECC Arena)

The burned folder on the DVD has a little square character in place of the first "?". If you look closely at that character, it is slightly longer than the standard dash/minus sign (as shown later in the folder name). So, I believe that the character is part of an extended character set, not the standard ASCII character set.

When I click on the folder on the DVD, I can see the files, but if I try to open any of them, nothing happens. This is true when using Build mode with the UDF file system and with UDF + ISO9600 file systems.

My setup: Windows XP, service pack 2. ImgBurn 2.1.

So, here is my question: Is there anyway to force ImgBurn to handle the extended character set correcly? Thanks!

Edited by roylayer

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I think that the "fat minus sign" is very strange too! Unfortunately, that is only the tip of the iceberg. I will also have folders with city names like Munich (except spelled with the unicode symbol with 2 dots above the u.) and other unicode characters like that.

Any idea when the new version will be released? (I am a developer myself, so I know how much you must hate getting a question like that.) ;-) Many thanks for a great tool!

It's more a problem using all the 'W' API functions rather than the 'A' ones.

I didn't want to just define 'unicode' for the app globally because that would break Win9x support so I've had to write wrapper fuctions for everything.

The GUI side of things was handled by using TntUnicode components - without those it wouldn't have ever been possible! - Borland development apps are entirely ANSI. :(

It's more a problem using all the 'W' API functions rather than the 'A' ones.

I didn't want to just define 'unicode' for the app globally because that would break Win9x support so I've had to write wrapper fuctions for everything.

The GUI side of things was handled by using TntUnicode components - without those it wouldn't have ever been possible! - Borland development apps are entirely ANSI. :(

:worthy: Lightning_UK! :worthy:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.