I want to create multiple ISO images from multiple separate files

ISU_CHRIS

First off I am using the latest build of ImgBurn(2.5.8.0)

I have hundreds of files that I am wanting to separately turn into ISO image files and I do not want to do them one by one. Currently if I mass select them I am only able to turn them into one image is there a way to make them separate images? I saw that there was a queue option in older versions but I'm not sure which version last had it or if it is still in the latest build because I cannot find it. Any help would be much appreciated!

Edited by ISU_CHRIS

15 hours ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

The queue is for Write mode... for the mass burning of existing disc images.

I'm afraid there is no way to do what you're after.

I was looking more through the forums yesterday. Is there no longer an option for using a batch file to use the build feature to convert each of them individually to iso if all the files I want to convert are in the same folder? 

To confirm, I’m wanting to convert each file individually to .iso

Edited by ISU_CHRIS

Ah ok, yes, something like that would be possible using a batch file. Sorry, I must have missed the bit where you said 'separately' and instead focussed on the 'hundreds of files'.

All the command line options are still there. I've looked through some of my previous examples and they seem to be for converting a folder full of folders into individual ISO files. I've made a few tweaks and it might now work for files... but it's untested.

Edit: now tested :)

Make sure Explorer is set to show file extensions.

Make a folder (let's call it 'Conversion'), create a text file in it (via right click, new ->  text document), rename it to something like 'make images.bat', edit it (right click, edit) copy and paste the following into it...

@for /r %%i in ("Source Folder\*.*") do "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDINPUTMODE STANDARD /BUILDOUTPUTMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%%i" /DEST "Output Folder\%%~ni.iso" /FILESYSTEM "UDF" /UDFREVISION "2.50" /VOLUMELABEL "%%~ni" /NOIMAGEDETAILS /START /CLOSESUCCESS

Copy your folder full of files you want put into ISO files into that same folder and rename it 'Source Folder'.

So you now have something like...

C:\Conversion\
C:\Conversion\make images.bat
C:\Conversion\Source Folder\
C:\Conversion\Source Folder\(all of your files)

Now run the 'make images.bat' file.

You should then end up with an additional folder in your 'Conversion' one.

C:\Conversion\Output Folder

Inside that you'll find all of your ISO images files.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.