Getting filter errors even though MadFlac is installed

McGeeeee

image.png.112fd72758b713e121313c97fb75ca94.png

So MadFlac is installed to Program Files (x86), I then double clicked the install.bat file, same error, I then dragged and dropped the madFlac.ax file onto InstallFilter.exe and got the same error. Tried other Flacs and got the same error thinking I had a corrupt file but that doesn't seem to be the case. Uninstalled reinstalled MadFlac and ImgBurn. Not sure what else to do.

If you are trying to burn a standard Audio CD with ImgBurn, I suggest doing what I do, which is to temporarily convert your FLAC back to standard WAV files (i.e. 16/44.1) with Foobar2000 (or whatever software you prefer), burn your Audio CD like usual through ImgBurn using these standard WAV files, and then delete the WAV files once done and keep your FLAC for long term storage like usual.

that might not be super convenient but unless you are burning a lot of CD's it's a good enough work-around and then you don't have to worry about any random errors like that.

p.s. that's what I have been doing on Linux when using ImgBurn to burn standard Audio CD's once in a while.

Edited by ThaCrip

If no Flac files are opening, you probably don't have madFlac installed - even though you think you do.

Are you running Windows 10 or 11?

Are you logged in as a user with admin rights?

Do you have UAC (User Account Control) enabled within Windows or is it set to 'Never Notify' ?

2 hours ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

If no Flac files are opening, you probably don't have madFlac installed - even though you think you do.

Do you have UAC (User Account Control) enabled within Windows or is it set to 'Never Notify' ?

Win 10
I am logged in with admin rights.
Looks like I have it set to never notify.

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/20/2023 at 6:48 AM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

On 12/20/2023 at 9:33 AM, McGeeeee said:

Win 10
I am logged in with admin rights.
Looks like I have it set to never notify.

Would I need to enable it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.