newb question on burning iso images

shepherd94

If the place you got it from didn't provide instructions for burning, you probably shouldn't be downloading it at all.

Making an ISO from 1 file would add a few MB to the size, nothing more.

Thanks for the reply. The file I am using is a PCLinux OS iso file from one of their mirrors. There is a wiki on their site that has instructions for downloading and burning but it never addresses this issue. I have also recently tried using an iso from a different source of a completely different distro of Linux (Knoppix) and get the same result in that the image that is created when I use the build mode is nearly twice the size of the original file. I'm sure that the problem is something that I am doing, but I have been through the guides a couple of times and still can't figure it out.

Thanks again,

Matt

you don't use build mode on ISO images you just burn them, right click on it and choose burn with imgburn

Thanks guys for the patience. I tried that but I was using a different program to do the burn with, so I will try imgburn that way tonight and see what happens.

Blessings,

Matt

you are at the IMGburn forum and support is for it, not any other software ,I was suprised to find you were not even using IMGburn

I started using imgburn after I encountered issues with the other software that I was using. It was a Roxio CD Creator type of software that came with the computer, but the discs that I was getting didn't seem to be bootable. That's when I read the info on the PCLinux wiki and forums and imagburn was mentioned there. So I have been using it since then. I have tried multiple ways to make this work, both with imgburn and a couple of other softwares. I like the imgburn interface better than the others so I was trying to pursue making it work with that program instead of the others that I was also using.

Thanks,

Matt

I wish I could get it to work like a charm.. well, get it to work all would be nice. I'm having so many problems with imgburn, I just don't understand, and I've spent hours and hours reading forum posts. To start, do you start with build mode? ripit4me opens imgburn then i get all different error messages from cannot read vob files to file too big to fit ...

:D

Good to hear.

As the name clearly suggests, ImgBurn burns images, also builds images from files allready on your HDD, what you're attemting is ripping, something we can't offer support on whatsoever.

Take a look at the guides section of the forum, all will be clear to you then.

As Ken said the Guide forum is the best place to start rather than the forum posts (some of them may confuse you futher :innocent::lol: )

Which guide you use will depend on what you have in terms of files. As we cannot help with any part of the ripping process you will need to use Google for help on that :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.