Representative or Visible

Aten

Now i kinda know that films when stored on your HD are either DVD Files or an ISO Image. Ive burnt both to TY DVD-R with no hassle. So far so good.

However when i used DD to do a 1:1 but left the DVD File as the whole 8gb rather then compress, noticed that theres no Audio Folder in the TS. Just the Video Folder.

example

post-6165-1172193726_thumb.jpg

Usually when u open an original dvd in your drive, you can see the Audio (which is empty) and Video Folders Contained withing the TS.

But in this case the above image seems to only have video files.

As a result when i used ImgBurn to Build SS into an ISO at some point during the setup

i get this message:

post-6165-1172193925_thumb.jpg

I dont recall seeing this when i first started out using IMB but in each case ive always said yes when it prompted me. Is this the correct

choice and what would be the alternative if i selected no. Representative or Visible. Whats the Difference???

2) When u burn a DL disks with imgburn u use the mds file as it has the Laybeak Info. Whats the deal when u do the same but with

the TS folder. How does Imb know where to set the LB?

3) Also (rather than start a seperate post for this question can i ask) why when i try to transfer an ISO image with its MDS file to my Ipod

It simply wont let me. I restored the ipod to be sure but in both cases an 8gb ISO+MDS wont transfer from my PC. It says that

theres no space left but it has 20gb of storage. When i transfer the TS Folder equivalent (identical) it zips over in no time.

Look forward to a reply...

looks like you are a little confused there, you have files on your hdd , not an iso, so an mds is meaningless for those files, imgburn is asking you are you making a dvd video disc and will make the necessary folders on the disc, if its dual layer then you will get a layerbreak window to choose which is the best.

if you are burning an iso , you use the .mds file

Hey Corny. I thought i was the only one awake at this ungodly hour.

imgburn is asking you are you making a dvd video disc and will make the necessary folders on the disc, if its dual layer then you will get a layerbreak window to choose which is the best. if you are burning an iso , you use the .mds file

that answers part of my question but what about,

post-6165-1172196937_thumb.jpg

What would happen if i chose NO instead of yes. Any difference in playback?

thanks bro.

Any ideas on....

3) Also (rather than start a seperate post for this question can i ask) why when i try to transfer an ISO image with its MDS file to my Ipod

It simply wont let me. I restored the ipod to be sure but in both cases an 8gb ISO+MDS wont transfer from my PC. It says that

theres no space left but it has 20gb of storage. When i transfer the TS Folder equivalent (identical) it zips over in no time.

Trying to transfer the ISo+mds to som1 elses mac. Rather the ISO then the TS folder.

Edited by RushOrDie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.