How does AnyDVD interfer with imgburn?

stinman

Hi, I'm new to this product.On the Anydvd forum they have good things to say about ImgBurn.I am just learning to use

it.I haven't even burnt my first disk yet,I'm still reading all the guides and FAQ's.Once the video ts folder is on my hard

drive,how ever I put it there,Anydvd,Shrink,Clonedvd2 or from what ever,ImgBurn will still read it,correct?Thanks !

I'm almost scared to ask,you guys are pretty tough on us new cats here :unsure: Just kiddin!

Mark

I guess you're asking this question because of the warning message in the Log window yeah?

Well if you read it again you'll see it mentions 'Verify'.

Due to the nature of AnyDVD, it changes data on the fly as it flows from 'Optical Drive' -> 'Software'.

If you're trying to compare (verify) what's supposedly just been burnt to the disc against what you can then read back from it, any differences will show up as miscompares - hence anything that could potentially change the data as it's read from the drive will cause issues, IF it actually does so.

I see,so once the data,movie is allready on a hard drive ,say from anydvd then it is allready changed.If I wanted to verify

a disk made from the allready changed media,then it would not matter.correct?Thanks for answering so fast!

Mark

Like LUK said, when ImgBurn is verifying a burnt disc, it is comparing the disc to the original ISO. As AnyDVD is designed to change data as it's being read from an optical drive, it can make ImgBurn think that the data is not the same as the ISO. It's sort of like running the verify through an unnecessary filter instead of a clean read, hence the possible miscompare.

Slysoft admit to this being an issue. They advise to turn AnyDVD off before burning with ImgBurn.

Regards

Well without AnyDVD(which I have found to be the best one of it's kind)you could not back up or create an iso image file on your harddrive.Not todays movies anyway,unless you know something I don't know,without getting into the pirateing disscussion.Right?

I refuse to discuss decryption. But I can refer you to ImgBurn's build mode, which creates ISOs very nicely (or burns directly from VIDEO_TS folders).

Do take a moment to read our guides.

Regards

I refuse to discuss decryption. But I can refer you to ImgBurn's build mode, which creates ISOs very nicely (or burns directly from VIDEO_TS folders).

Do take a moment to read our guides

Thats exactly what I did before I posted.Thats why I said"Without getting into pirateing".I am following the guidelines.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.