step by step guide on buring movie clips

Sossity

I want to backup/ archive the original mpeg movie clips & their THM files, and jpg photos unaltered from my digital Sony still camera. the originals will be burned from an external hard drive, ( this is where I put them after downloading from my camera) Was advised on image burn for this, & to use build mode. I want to make an accurate burn without any audio video sync problems. Also want discs to be universal & readable by PCs & Macs older & newer, as well as older & newer DVD players. Need the disc to be readable in the future.

do I need the THM files that get recorded along with my movie clips? when I build up my files in build mode, should I remove everything from their folders that they are in? for example 2 movie clips & 2 photos in a dated folder I made on my external hard drive using windows explore.

I looked at the overview of build mode & saw alot of folder options in the options tab; preserve full pathnames; recurse subdirectories; include; hidden files, system files, & archive files only. which of these should I check off? & other options; add to write que, do I need this? what file system should I use for my purposes?

In the advanced tab, what date options should I choose? what restrictions? do I need it to be bootable? in build mode should I write directly to a disc in my DVD drive or build an image file? what burn speed should I use?

Sossity

Edited by Sossity

If you're just archiving the files, there's no need to convert anything. You can't archive AND expect them to play on 'normal' DVD players - the two are mutually exclusive where avi / mpeg files are concerned. If you have a DVD player than can play that type of content though, it'll be fine - as would it be if your source files were a VIDEO_TS folder full of IFO/BUP/VOB files.

The default settings would work fine so just click the 'Reset Settings' option and then drag all the folders / files to the 'Source' list as per the guides. (and then follow the rest of the guide!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.