US Sci-Fi Channel to air new Doctor Who

digidragon

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaahhh Debbie.......... :rolleyes:

A not so breif summary:The five Doctors.

I can post you the Target novelisation if you want it. Let me know and I will stick it in the post. It's a first edition so it may be worth a few quid one day if you look after it.

Here's one thing I've wondered. If the Doctor could sense that there are no other Time Lords after the Time War, then, Susan must either be dead or not a direct relation to the Doctor. Not her real grandfather, just a grandfatherly figure she called Grandfather. :) Last we saw, if we don't count Legacy Of The Daleks, she was living on circa 2150 AD Earth. Well, technically, the last we saw her was on Gallifrey in the Death Zone. But, supposedly, everyone was returned to their proper time and place at the end of The Five Doctors.

However, wouldn't it be a great way to bring back another companion for a one shot story? I believe Carol Ann Ford is still alive. Susan could well be the last of the Time Lords in that event.

Ah, this is where it all gets complicated. Is Susan really a Timelord? Is she just an ordinary Gallifreyan who is yet to become a Timelord? Is the Timelord gene something that is given when a student graduates from the academy? If thats the case then maybe the Dr couldnt sense her because she wasnt a actually a TimeLord but just an ordinary member of the lower classes of Gallifrey society. It's generally agreed that all Time Lords are from Gallifrey, but not all Gallifreyans are Time Lords.

An Intresting Read. Click on Gallifrey then the Academy from the subject list on the left hand side of the page for the article the qoute below comes from.

Since, as far as we know, the lower classes of Gallifrey cannot regenerate their bodies, and do not possess the "Time Lord gift" which allows one to understand alien languages, it seems likely that The Doctor underwent the processes which enable both of these as part of his graduation ceremonies.

The bit about understanding alien languages is slightly contradictory from what we are told in the Christmas Invasion where Rose doesnt understand the Sychorax(Spelling?) because the telepathic link with the Tardis is broken due to the Dr being incapacitated. We are led to beleive that the Tardis translates the languages and not the Time Lord.

Edited by jack

Well, she went from this:

Saucy minx!!

To this:

carole2pc4.jpg

To be fair, it's all conjecture anyway. Lord knows where Russel Davis will take it, he tends to bend the history of the Dr anyway he chooses as it is, the Cybermen are proof of that. I wonder if Mondas will ever get a mention again....... <_<

I would love to see the Sontarans again, and bung a Rutan in for good measure! The Horror Of Fang Rock was a brilliant story in my veiw. Did the sontarans ever gain the power of Time travel? I dont think they did, did they? They had a few attempts but never quite managed it. I wonder who they would have sided with in the time war if they had to choose? :unsure:

The time war could be something big that's being led up to...loads of hints and bits of info since this new Dr Who started...kinda like Bad Wolf only bigger. The Dr has been described as 'The killer of his own kind' by the Beast in The Satan Pit...surly they're gonna put that right...

I heard a rumour that John Simm might be playing The Master - can't remember where now tho....

johnsimm1b.jpg

I can post you the Target novelisation if you want it. Let me know and I will stick it in the post. It's a first edition so it may be worth a few quid one day if you look after it.

Thanks Jack - are you sure you want to trust that to the postal service mate ? I wouldn't mind a read if you don't mind lending it :) Will you also send me back my copy of Debbie Does Dallas too mate ? Thanks

Debbie's a bit sticky, but I have a backup!!! :mellow:

PM me your postal address and I will send it off.

Yeah, John SImm is playing a charecter who everybody is guessing is the master, but I think we will have to wait and see. The same rumour went around that Tony Head was going to be the Master in school reunion. :rolleyes:

Now heres a question, how many actors have played the Master?

Roger Delgado

Peter Pratt

Geoffrey Beevers

Anthony Ainley

Gordon Tipple

Eric Roberts

I'll chuck John Simm in there as well.

The Master from the Mind Robber can safely be assumed to be an entirley diffrent person. Anybody got anymore? A read a suggestion somewhere that the War Cheif who was a renagade TimeLord could have been the Master but if I remember correctly he was erased from time so it's a safe guess that he wasnt the Master.

You seem to have got them all.

John Simm plays a character called Mr. Saxon in the last episode of the present series.

"Mister Saxon" is an anagram of "Master No Six"[6]; previous appearances by the Master were concealed by anagrammatising the name of the actor playing him.

Like your animated gifs. Jo Grant & Liz??? - Liz???

Liz Shaw, the third Doctors rather stern but sexy first assistant. She left at the end of Inferno, she was dropped by the producer but she was pregnant and wouldnt have been able to return for the next series anyway.

Try Here.

And check out the cover of this weeks Radio Times:Click Here.

Ah, hold on. Heres a better version.

rt_manhattan.jpg

Edited by jack

Just tried to order it off LoveFilm, but no luck. Could be they don't do adult stuff, or its not on Dvd... :( life's a bitch and then you die...

Well, in the US, I know it's on DVD. It was offered in... of all things... the Previews catalog. Previews is the catalog used by comic book stores to order things.

And check out the cover of this weeks Radio Times

rt_manhattan.jpg

Wow, that's just weird. :lol: Sort of a return to Nekros thing with Daleks filling their ranks with human donors. It would be interesting to see the Emperor as one of those. Talking about a blasphemer: a Dalek walking around! =))

It reminds me of an ex-girlfreind..............................although she had brown eyes.

:lol: Brown eye, surly?

Its hard to say how shocking that cover is. Absolutely shocking. Couldn't believe it, felt like complaining to them, but there it is right in your face where anybody could see it - the price. 98p for the Radio Times? Makes your blood run cold doesn't it...? :o

Strange they spoiled the surprise like that...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.