Issue with .mdf files

Itoao

This is my first post. I tried a search and I am having the same problem as the guy here. http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtop...p;hl=\.mds (cant seem to get the insert link thing to work.

Only thing different is I used Astroburn to make the disc image and now I cannot burn them using Imgburn. Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to convert the .mdf to and ISO?

Which of the two issues mentioned in the other thread you're having: "cannot find the specified file" or "invalid or unsupported image file format"?

Sorry cannot find the specified file.

Which of the two issues mentioned in the other thread you're having: "cannot find the specified file" or "invalid or unsupported image file format"?

Cannot find the specified file.

Use an hex editor to open the .mds file and look at the end of that file: there will be the name of the .mdf file it expects to find, so make sure your .mdf has that name. If there's a path before the .mdf filename, remove that path (leave only the .mdf filename) and save, then try opening again in ImgBurn.

Use an hex editor to open the .mds file and look at the end of that file: there will be the name of the .mdf file it expects to find, so make sure your .mdf has that name. If there's a path before the .mdf filename, remove that path (leave only the .mdf filename) and save, then try opening again in ImgBurn.

Can you recommend a hex editor? Not familiar with them.

Thanks

Seems like that worked out well. Both files had to be renamed. I have updated astroburn with a new version. I am going to see if this will still need to be done.

Thanks for all the help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.