Burning HD DVD files to DVD

Alwyn

Read the guides, done a search but...

I'm trying to burn a HD DVD folder to a DVD-5 for playback in a HD DVD player. I'm sure I got Imgburn to do this previously (did it ask "is this a HD DVD you're tyring to burn? or some such other question, like it does for a SD DVD). This function works nicely with a Bluray folder.

Now, for the life of me, I cannot get Imgburn to recognise the folder containing the HD DVD files as a HD DVD folder (if you get what I mean).

It comes up with this message:

post-11050-1207658608_thumb.jpg

instead of something like this:

post-11050-1207658734_thumb.jpg

I've tried renaming my folder to HVDVD_TS to no avail.

How can I get Imgburn to recognise the HD DVD folder/files as being for a HD DVD disk?

Thanks!

Further, I failed to mention that the above was with version 2.4.1.

I tried uninstalling 241 and installing 240. The first time I tried this with 240, I got the "this looks like a HD DVD you're trying to burn!" (or something like that). Great!

But every time after that, no go. All I get is box one above.

Edited by Alwyn

I think I've worked it out. The folder has to be named HVDVD_TS, and also the Options have to be set on something other than UDF and revison 2.5. Then Imgburn will pop up the question about burning a HD DVD and whether to change the UDF file system.

IMO it would be better to have Imgburn assume any folder with HD DVD files is for a HD DVD disk, as currently happens with SD DVD video files (with them, the folder doesn't have to be named VIDEO_TS, it can be named anything; Imgburn picks up the fact that the folder contains DVD video files).

With a prompt like this:

post-11050-1207665599_thumb.jpg

Excellent prog despite this though! :thumbup:

PS: Why am I using HD DVD? To play HD DVD home movies using standard DVD disks on a HD DVd player until Bluray becoems cheaper. :thumbsup:

Edited by Alwyn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.