Drives and media scans

chewy

I think the dvdinfo pro team needs to take a hard look at their formula, I am seeing PIF max's and averages that seem way high for the QS assigned, they may be ignoring rogue spikes well enough but something's not quite right.

my 2 pence

I thought chewy was talking about the scans we have been posting in the Drives/Media topic mate. You're right tho he could have been talking about his scans....

My scans match from cdspeed and dvdinfo pro, but then again they aren't quite as broadrange as your's.

I tend to avoid problematice media. The last several posted seem to have some real bad areas that aren't

getting penalized enough with the QS, I will burn and scan some clone Yuden T02's I have and crosscheck.

I sure I can find a burner/firmware or two that will overspeed them. Who knows yet about the new benq's?

I sure I can find a burner/firmware or two that will overspeed them. Who knows yet about the new benq's?

The 1655 will overspeed almost anything, although not always successfully, which is compliant with their comments about only working on certain media. I has some dollar store media, made in china, code of AN32, utter garbage. Rated at 4X, and actually works at that speed, although probably is only readable for a few weeks. I tried 1 at 16X, the burner was game, but it shat itself writing the lead in. Tried again at 8X, burned and verified, but not readable on standalone players.

well, it obvious that scanning a problematic burn is very inconsistent as read errors enter into the measurement of write errors. My test confirms dvdinforpro giving a higher QS to such disks even after

measuring worse levels of PIE's and PIF's. These cloned disks are manufactured in hong kong, the burn was

made on a nec 3550(modded for bitsetting)(same write strats as stock) overspeeded to 16x

Jitter was the only consistent factor comparing the 2 scans.

The rogue spike is consistent(hence not a real rogue) which I have found to be the rule not the exception

in my scans.

I hope I haven't bored anyone too much!

cdspd16xnec35500fd.png

dvdinfo16xnec35503li.png

I guess I am trying to make a science out of this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.