Burned image file that did not play in DVD Player

hmntr

Hello everyone,

Ok, so I see that there are a number of new users to this program/community, so I do not feel so bad now that I am having problems with the program...

Here is my problem in a nutshell: I had recently transitioned to a laptop where I could actually not just read the DVDs, but also burn them...Now, I had been an avid user of DVD Decrypter, and loved how functional it was, and how quick the process was to make a backup of my DVDs.

The problem is that I had never (until quite recently) needed to burn a DVD before, and now that I am trying to I am having some problems. Now I will be the first to admit that it could be user error, but that is why I am here, to see what it is that I am or am not doing, so that I can figure out how best to solve this problem.

I had decrypted the DVD onto my hard drive into the .IFO and .VOB files. Now that I need to burn them, I had transitioned these files into a folder named VIDEO_TS, and had made a folder named AUDIO_TS, which is empty.

I then used Ultra ISO to make these two folders into a .ISO file, and loaded my copy of ImgBurn. I attempted to burn the DVD, and when it was done it played some really neat music, but then the DVD would not play in my DVD player...

Now I know that my DVD player can read/play CD/DVD +/-R/RW, MPG files, MP3, and even WMA and WMV, but for the life of me, this DVD did not play...

So, my question: Is it user error, or is there something else that I should have done to make the movie recognizable in my DVD player...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...my son is flipping out since his favorite movie got trashed, and honestly, I cannot afford to go rebuy a movie every time he uses it to skate across the tile floors....

Thanks again in advance.

HmNtr

Hi hmntr and welcome to the ImgBurn support forum.

as a new member you may not be aware that we dont discuss ripping/copying of copywrited or commercial DVD's, and we dont support DVDecrypter here. We can however help you with burning and ImgBurn :thumbup:

From what you posted though, it may be a case of your player just not liking the brand/format of the discs you used .

there are several guides in our guide section that may help you in the future.

providing you have a VIDEO_TS folder, all you need to do is use ImgBurn in 'Build" mode to create a DVD, no need to make an ISO first

Hi hmntr and welcome to the ImgBurn support forum.

as a new member you may not be aware that we dont discuss ripping/copying of copywrited or commercial DVD's, and we dont support DVDecrypter here. We can however help you with burning and ImgBurn :thumbup:

From what you posted though, it may be a case of your player just not liking the brand/format of the discs you used .

there are several guides in our guide section that may help you in the future.

providing you have a VIDEO_TS folder, all you need to do is use ImgBurn in 'Build" mode to create a DVD, no need to make an ISO first

Hello, and thank you for the response. Allow me to preface this reply by apologizing for the faux paz; since ImgBurn and DVDD are so similar, and have so many of the same functions, and indeed the same interface, I made an understandable social blunder...

As for the brands that I am using....I am using the stock dvd burner that came on my HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop. As for the media which I am using, that would be FUJI FILM DVD+R (I have also tried it with -R)...there is no success as of yet...

My primary concern is how do I take the IFO and the VOB files (which I have) and build them into a DVD on a standard player with ImgBurn?

I created two folders; one entitled VIDEO_TS and one entitled AUDIO_TS.

I placed the IFO and the VOB files within the VIDEO_TS folder.

There were no files to place within the AUDIO_TS folder.

I created an ISO image from the two folders, which I then burned successfully with ImgBurn.

It does not play on any DVD player within my home.

Is it that the media that I am using needs to be sys's like an old school floppy disk (e.g., Format A:\ /sys) or could it be that I am just not understanding ImgBurn? \

For the longest time, I was an avid NERO Burning ROM user, and I have since moved away from such nonsense, to something I think (once I understand it more) will be (for me) head and shoulders above the competition...

Please help me to understand, because this is VERY frustrating....

Thank you all again in advance.

Edited by hmntr

I created two folders; one entitled VIDEO_TS and one entitled AUDIO_TS.

No need - ImgBurn will do this for you (silently, if you have ticked the Don't Prompt VIDEO_TS Content in build mode settings).

I created an ISO image from the two folders, which I then burned successfully with ImgBurn.

You can also burn directly to disc.

You need to post a log, for us to give further help. See the help menu.

Also, read the guide on how to use build mode.

Regards

OK, so I have been looking around, but cannot find the log file for the compilation that I had made...I am not sure if my AdAware or my Spybot S&D or any number of other back ground running programs has something to do with this, but if some one could tell me where it is that I might find the log file, that would be swell...

Thanks again for the help...

Help menu -> ImgBurn Logs...

DOH! Ok, see, I was looking into the C:\program files\imgburn folder, I was looking in temp files, I was looking in all the hidden folders all over my pc, I NEVER thought to look INSIDE the program for the log file! DOH!

Here goes:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Sunday, 24 August 2008, 18:02:17

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 18:01:59 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 18:01:59 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 18:01:59 Total Physical Memory: 3,078,324 KB - Available: 994,732 KB

I 18:01:59 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:01:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:02:02 Found 1 DVD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.