11 minutes from BURN-Proof to writting lead in???

Knave

It'll be down to the same problem - whatever that might be!

Currently, I only display the 'Creating Graph Data Thread...' text when the program is about to burn something.

If it takes 11 mins for your machine to create the performance counters when you burn it'll take 11 mins when you read too.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me add that this is the Operating system I'm currently running, and I'm starting to guess there must be an issue, since I used another Windows XP CD and all went fine.

Windows XP SP3 uE 2008.1 (I believe it's a lite version with add-ons)

But using Windows XP SP2 Lite (200 mb iso) all works well.

I'm starting to think that the OS I'm using is missing or is wrongly configured something in there.

What runtime, dll, etc does imgburn depend on, maybe reinstalling Windows components might fix this issue.

Thank You LIGHTNING UK!

The performance counter stuff uses pdh.dll.

If it's not present it just won't attempt to use any of the functions.

What language is your Windows in?

If you run 'perfmon.msc' from Start -> Run, what counters do you see? Can you provide a screenshot?

Do one more test burn but this time press F6 before you hit the 'Write' button. Then save the log to a file and upload it here on the forum or email it to me (The address is in the 'About' box).

I do have pdh.dll

This is Windows XP SP3 uE 2008.1 Spanish

I've attached the log with debug mode and a snap shot of my perfmon.msc.

Quick Question, just so I don't make another thread.

If I load .dvd file with a layerbreak sector set, will it automaticly set this layer break on L0, or do I have to do it manually in Settings?

Thanks Lightning

ImgBurn.log

post-13561-1222131177_thumb.jpg

Edited by Knave

If I load .dvd file with a layerbreak sector set, will it automaticly set this layer break on L0, or do I have to do it manually in Settings?

The .dvd file should tell ImgBurn where to place the layerbreak. You can confirm this by looking at the Sectors field of the Image Information box: it'll show the layerbreak position between parenthesis, e.g. (LB: 2,084,960)

The .dvd file should tell ImgBurn where to place the layerbreak. You can confirm this by looking at the Sectors field of the Image Information box: it'll show the layerbreak position between parenthesis, e.g. (LB: 2,084,960)

Thanks.

I had someone try that OS build you're using and theirs didn't hang for ages in the way yours is.

Maybe you could do a rebuild of that one - or better still don't use such a hacked up version!

Let me do a reinstall, also, I've been looking into the configuration of the IDE Mode or AHCI modes, last windows version was not working with AHCI and I changed to IDE and OS booted, but this version of XP did boot on AHCI.

I'll change IDE mode just to see if that make any difference.

If not, I'll reinstall old XP I had before and just run all the SP3 updates and such.

Thanks alot for your time and dedication. ImgBurn is too awsome to let go. Gotta' have it. :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Because I have (had!) the same annoying waiting problem I did some research and found a solution for my environment: German Windows XP SP3 with all current patches.

I had to deactivate the service IMAPI-CD-Brenn-COM-Dienste - image %systemroot%\system32\imapi.exe - (sorry for the service name in german) from the state manual.

Thereafter a reboot is necessary! And now waiting time is shortened from more then 7 minutes to 7 seconds.

Before:

I 17:39:53 BURN-Proof: Enabled

D 17:39:53 Logical Unit Most Desirable Link Size: 7

D 17:39:53 LeadIn Start LBA: -11635 (0xFFFFD28D)

D 17:39:53 LeadIn Length: 11485

D 17:39:53 SendCueSheet CueSheetVariant: 1

D 17:39:53 SendCueSheet DataFormVariant: 1

D 17:47:01 GetLocalisedPdhName(Processor, Prozessor)

D 17:47:01 GetLocalisedPdhName(% Processor Time, Prozessorzeit (%))

D 17:47:01 Device Buffer Size: 1.053.696 bytes.

D 17:47:01 Device Buffer Available: 1.053.696 bytes.

I 17:47:01 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)

Now:

I 18:41:35 BURN-Proof: Enabled

D 18:41:35 Logical Unit Most Desirable Link Size: 7

D 18:41:35 LeadIn Start LBA: -11635 (0xFFFFD28D)

D 18:41:35 LeadIn Length: 11485

D 18:41:35 SendCueSheet CueSheetVariant: 1

D 18:41:35 SendCueSheet DataFormVariant: 1

D 18:41:42 GetLocalisedPdhName(Processor, Prozessor)

D 18:41:42 GetLocalisedPdhName(% Processor Time, Prozessorzeit (%))

D 18:41:42 Device Buffer Size: 1.053.696 bytes.

D 18:41:42 Device Buffer Available: 1.053.696 bytes.

I 18:41:42 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)

Maybe this solution is working in other environments.

LuBS

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.