Not ejecting Disc

Itoao

Hello, I have a question. I have been burning fine with your program. I recently started to get the I.O write error when trying to burn. I changed media and that seemed to make that go away. However now when burning imgburn will not eject the disc. After it is finished burning instead of ejecting my pc reads the disc as if it was just put in. The status at the bottom of imgburn says device not ready and (no additional sense information). (0x4B,0x4A) etc I have to press the eject button on the drive. I have a Lite-on LH-20A1S DVD-RW. The only thing major I have changed recently are my chipset drivers. Not sure if that would be what is affecting it. I updated them from nVidia's site. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Itoao

Hello, I have a question. I have been burning fine with your program. I recently started to get the I.O write error when trying to burn. I changed media and that seemed to make that go away. However now when burning imgburn will not eject the disc. After it is finished burning instead of ejecting my pc reads the disc as if it was just put in. The status at the bottom of imgburn says device not ready and (no additional sense information). (0x4B,0x4A) etc I have to press the eject button on the drive. I have a Lite-on LH-20A1S DVD-RW. The only thing major I have changed recently are my chipset drivers. Not sure if that would be what is affecting it. I updated them from nVidia's site. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

A bit more info. Seems when using some of the new discs now I am getting an error when trying to finalize the disc. If I click retry then it works and the tray ejects. >_<

It's the 2nd window that should be open when you use ImgBurn.

If you've closed it down, click 'View' -> 'Log' to open it again.

If you want to locate an old log, click 'Help' -> 'ImgBurn Logs...'

Here is the only file that was in here when I re-opened it. I can try and burn something else and try to recreate the error if it is needed.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Saturday, 27 September 2008, 12:07:19

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 11:22:41 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 11:22:41 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 11:22:41 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,596 KB - Available: 1,606,856 KB

I 11:22:41 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:22:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:22:41 Found 1 DVD

It looks like those new drivers have messed things up and now the error codes from the drive are getting lost somewhere and the program is just being told a load of rubbish (i.e. 'No Additional Sense Information').

I'd roll back to the previous version if I were you.

Not sure I can. I guess I will have to try and download the older version and install over the top of these.

Not cool at all. Dam nvidia.

Uinstalled new drivers and reinstalled original ones. Unfortunately still getting errors.

I 16:21:09 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 16:21:09 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 16:21:09 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,596 KB - Available: 1,666,736 KB

I 16:21:09 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:21:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:21:09 Found 1 DVD

Edited by Itoao

Update:

I changed the media which eliminated the I/O write errors but I still get errors when it is finalizing the disc. I also still get the no sense information and the weird stuff in parenthesis scrolling on the bottom. Its a Sata Optical drive in case I haven't mentioned it. I am not sure if that matters at all. I used another burn program (astroburn) and it burned fine with no errors. I am not sure what could be happening. If you need me to post another log let me know. I am actually going to be loading vista on my machine so I will be down for a while. I just really like your program and want to help discover any issues. If there are any, and its not just my goofy machine. :unsure:

Got a new log?

If you look at the PMA thread at the top of this forum you'll see that most applications don't look for / care about errors during the finalisation stage, ImgBurn does.

Finally got Vista 64 installed and working halfway decent. I am going to reinstall imgburn and see what I get. If I get the same thing I will post a log.

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.