dvds play in standalone dvd player but not on PC

junglefish

Hi

The problem I'm having is this. I backup a dvd to my harddrive (using DVDShrink), then copy those files to a DVD+R using ImgBurn. What's been happening regularly is that the disc appears to get written, but throws up an error message at the end of the process. I cancel the process and manually eject the disc. This disc is then not recognised by the PC any more; it can't read it or even recognise it as a blank disc. However, the disc IS playable on my cheap, standalone dvd player.

Any idea why this might be?

Log file attached.

Any help/advice appreciated.

ImgBurn.log

Hi Lightening

Thanks for the advice. I just upgraded to 2.4.2.0 and tried again, and got the same result. I *am* using cheap dvds, so I'll go out and get some better ones tomorrow. In the meantime, do you mind taking a look at the log I got this time, just to see if it might be anything else?

Thanks,

ImgBurn2.log

Hi Locoeng

Thanks for your input. What puzzles me though is that the disc *is* being written to; I can put it in my standalone dvd player and it works fine. It's my PC that won't read the disc.

What do you think of these four lines?

W 22:34:26 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (99%, 0/3) - Write Error

W 22:34:26 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Write Error

W 22:34:26 Retrying (1 of 3)...

W 22:34:26 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

Updating the program wasn't going to fix your error, I knew that. It does fix other issues though and of course adds/improves on different aspects of the program.

The lines mean your drive is still having trouble burning to the disc. Get the decent media and hopefully you'll be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I thought I'd resolved this, but I still have problems. I tried using a cheap no-brand dvd+rw to see what results I would get, and it burned perfectly! Brimming with confidence, I bought a cake-pack of TDK dvd+rw and tried them. They all fail. Although now they're failing in a totally different way; they 'complete' then ImgBurn just hangs, saying "Device Not Ready - Medium Format Corrupted".

So, again, can anybody tell for sure, is this media-related or is it hardware related?

Log attached.

ImgBurn6.log

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.