Just a quick question

hmntr

Hello,

Just a quick question...when using ImgBurn to make a backup of my one of my data dvds for some reason, the image comes up as being over 7 GBs...is this just a bloatware on part of the DVD, maybe because of other languages and such on the DVD, or is it just the image size, and if I go ahead and burn the DVD with ImgBurn, will it render the DVD useless in a DVD player?

Just had to ask...thanks...

HmNtr

I assume you're using 'Read' mode yeah?

If the disc is 7GB then the image will be 7GB... it's a 1:1 copy (whereby the data from every sector on the disc is added to the file on your hdd).

To burn it you'll need a double layer disc.

If it's a data disc would it be used in a DVD player anyway? Normally those things are for Video discs.

I assume you're using 'Read' mode yeah?

If the disc is 7GB then the image will be 7GB... it's a 1:1 copy (whereby the data from every sector on the disc is added to the file on your hdd).

To burn it you'll need a double layer disc.

If it's a data disc would it be used in a DVD player anyway? Normally those things are for Video discs.

well, the DVD from my uncle of grandfather's funeral and wake, and all sorts of geneaology stuff that he slapped onto a DVD for me. It has some old family movies that were converted from VHS to DVD and a bunch of family photos, and he said that I could play it in the DVD player, which does work, but I want to make a copy of it and send it to my dad so that he has a copy as well.

as for read mode, yes sir...

Thanks again,

Hmntr

If the disc you've got now work ok, I'd just go for a simple read -> write then.

As mentioned in my previous post, you'll need to burn it onto a double layer disc.

We recommend Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x speed discs - because they actually work! (unlike many others)

If the disc you've got now work ok, I'd just go for a simple read -> write then.

As mentioned in my previous post, you'll need to burn it onto a double layer disc.

We recommend Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x speed discs - because they actually work! (unlike many others)

Awesome! Thanks LUK! I am heading out after work today to go pick some up, and I will let you know how everything worked out...

HmNtr

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.