Bypass Layerbreak in Command Line

XeonicXpression

Is there a way to bypass the layerbreak screen when using build? I want it to just either A) select the best one or B ) just select the ignore button. I won't be burning these to DL dvd's ever so I don't care about the layer break. The movies are going to just be used for streaming around my house. The reason I want to do this is because I have over 200 movies on my computer. They are all in Video_TS folders and I want to convert them all to ISO's instead. I wrote a small program in python that gets a listing of all the movie directories, checks to see if there is an ISO already, if not create an ISO of the folder and delete the data. Could I use the switch /LAYERBREAK and for the LBA put something like 10000 and be fine? I have some movies that are only 3.5 gigs and some that are 5.5, so I won't always get the message. Would the /LAYERBREAK cause issues on dvds that are small enough to fit on a single layer disk? Any help you guys could give me would be great. I don't want to have to babysit this thing for over 200 movies. :blink:

Edited by XeonicXpression

Use a custom media size for single layer (done within the GUI) and set it to some large value... then the program will think you're always building discs that'll fit on single layer media and hence never prompt for LB info.

Thanks for your help and the great program. Now as long as my movie doesn't exceed 195GB I won't have any problems. :thumbup: This is going to save me so many hours!

• 3 weeks later...
Use a custom media size for single layer (done within the GUI) and set it to some large value... then the program will think you're always building discs that'll fit on single layer media and hence never prompt for LB info.

Thanks for your help and the great program. Now as long as my movie doesn't exceed 195GB I won't have any problems. :thumbup: This is going to save me so many hours!

I've attempted to do this but haven't been able to eliminate the layer break popup. Where in the GUI would I make this change?

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.