Stuck at 2.4X burn speed with single layer discs

ButchN

I have tried TDK & now Memorex (both single layer) discs that claim 1-16x yet while I have imgburn set for max, & my burner does burn faster than 2.4x & has in the past with the old CompUSA discs, yet I can only muster 2.x as a max burn speed.

The Memorex & TDK discs according to the imgburn main screen are RITEK-F16-01 discs.

So what am I doing wrong or is 1-16X bullcrap?

Thanks.

Edited by ButchN

Hi and welcome to the forum, ButchN! :)

Could be several issues that prevents the writing to go above 2.4x. Could you post a burning log from one of those slow burns?

You'll find it here - Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

After posting the log as Cynthia suggests please remember that

The Memorex & TDK discs according to the imgburn main screen are RITEK-F16-01 discs.

these discs are all crap and you cannot expect to correct any other problem that you have while still burning on them. Use Verbatim (made in Singapore) or Taiyo Yuden discs for your best bet.

these discs are all crap and you cannot expect to correct any other problem that you have while still burning on them. Use Verbatim (made in Singapore) or Taiyo Yuden discs for your best bet.
Could you please explain what you define as "crap" is to me?

I've been using these "crap" discs" & have made very very few coasters. No disc is perfect, right?

From what I've seen, the speeds are slow & that's about it far as I see for "crap" so far.

Anyway, I've attached the log of a TDK disc since both the TDK & Memorex have the same format.

I can't decipher what it means but right now even my Memorex (RITEK-S04-66) 2.4x to 8x DL discs are stuck at 2.4x. The speed starts to climb as it starts to write & it stops dead at 2.4.

Did I inadvertently mess up a setting in imgburn?

I am using DVDflick 1.3.0.4 & have Denis's write speed set for 6X because if I set it higher he has a red annoying pop up saying higher speeds will cause write errors.

I suggested his next version eliminate that "feature" & let imgburn do the write speed calculating.

I did go to tools, write speed & add the discs & burner BTW.

Thanks for any assistance in getting me some speedier write times.

OH, the burner is a MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-851S 1.50 (ATA), in my 2 year old HP DV9225 Vista Ultimate 64 bit 2 GB of RAM, 2 GHZ AMD Turion64x2 CPU notebook & the drive has never ever had a new firmware update from HP.

And believe me, I've checked.

If there's on out there, I can't find it.

And I don't know where in my device manager to go aside from the obvious place (that doesn't have that feature) to change settings like DMA, etc. if that's what's needed.

tdk.log

Cynthia, thanks twice telling me where to find the log, but I'm obviously going to the right place if I'm attaching the file.

I just now need to know why it's not writing a detailed log so I can get this stuck at 2.4x syndrome out of the way.

settings10.png

Could it be that you have it to overwrite the old log in the settings?

:)

Nope, it's set to append. I only deleted the old logs to show the most recent burn.

And even if it was set to write over the old log, wouldn't it at least the last burned session show up in its entirety & not only log this:

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Thursday, 05 February 2009, 19:32:15

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 19:30:18 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:30:18 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 19:30:18 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,908 KB - Available: 1,308,128 KB

I 19:30:18 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:30:18 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:30:18 Found 1 DVD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.