New Imgburn

blikkies

blikkies Whats wrong with the current version then ?

Nope nothings wrong, its the only burner i use. just curious about wot the boss is gona surprise us with in the next release, Perhaps a nero replacement :D with the ability to shrink and disc-to-disc copy and all that nice stuff. Everything above board of course, just like nero is

Disc-to-disc copy would be great tho, Currently we have to copy the image to HD then burn that image to a blank disc, Would be great if it can be done in one step without the intermediate copy to HD. I can use nero of course but their coding performance is seriously lacking. Takes a million years to do the copy which I would guess to be a simple bit-for-bit copy. Nero has lotsa great features but such a dog to use. Would be great if IMGBURN could incorporate a disc-to-disc copy.

Sounds like you secretly wish to simply use Nero.

Naaw I have a distinct dislike for nero. Looks like a patch job that had layers added over the years to the point where its a giant bucket of mess. Every few years a patched up product needs to be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up and nero has long past that point. They obviously tried to make it look better by adding layers of pretty gui but I bet if you look under the bonnet you will find a hodgepot of goo barely hanging together.

Now IMGBURN on the other hand is another story, lean and clean like its supposed to be, and dedicated to the objective of a successful burn. The EZ-picker layer needs some work tho. Not really to my liking. But I'm sure in the next release we will see some magic

The EZ picker mode was designed for people who really don't know where to start with a burning application, users who have an idea probably don't use it...Mine is set up to start in build mode every time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.