it may sound stupid but ;)

eSkRo

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one then!

In my mind, the thing representing the other thing has to be the same. In your example, I don't think they are.

A folder representing a folder is ok.

Folder content representing folder content is ok.

Folder content representing a folder is not ok.

So basically that leaves us with these following options (to name but a few):

1. Leave it as it is.

2. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder represent the image's root directory?

3. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder represent what should be the root directory for the image?

4. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder represent what should be the image's root directory?

7. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent the root directory content for the image?'

8. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent the image's root directory content?

9. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent the content of the image's root directory?

10. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent the content of the root directory for the image?

11. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent what should be the root directory content?

12. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent what should be the root directory content for the image?

13. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent what should be the image's root directory content?

i vote for this one!!!

Should the "X" folder's content be the Image root directory content?

so if ImgBurn asks you something like:

Should the "VIDEO_TS" folder's content be the Image root directory content?

thats e-z to answer!

No?

:)

Edited by eSkRo

I thought about that message box too, it confuses me three times out of five :-)

To me, it is kind of "negated", in a sense that I view that message from folder visibility point of view, which, I agree, is not quite the same as root content. The way it is right now, I have to click 'No' to have the folder in the root of the disc, and 'Yes' in order not to have it, and that's the confusing part.

I think that a simple "Should this folder be visible in the root of the image content?" would logically make more sense ('Yes' would mean visible folder), but at a cost of not being entirely true from "root content" point of view. I not an expert in English language, so my suggestion is probably not be the best one, but it would be nice if that phrase could be somehow re-phrased so that it would make doing negation in your mind unnecessary.

Thank you.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one then!

In my mind, the thing representing the other thing has to be the same. In your example, I don't think they are.

A folder representing a folder is ok.

Folder content representing folder content is ok.

Folder content representing a folder is not ok.

So basically that leaves us with these following options (to name but a few):

1. Leave it as it is.

2. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder represent the image's root directory?

3. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder represent what should be the root directory for the image?

4. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder represent what should be the image's root directory?

7. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent the root directory content for the image?'

8. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent the image's root directory content?

9. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent the content of the image's root directory?

10. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent the content of the root directory for the image?

11. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent what should be the root directory content?

12. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent what should be the root directory content for the image?

13. Change it to - 'Does the 'X' folder content represent what should be the image's root directory content?

I personally like options 5 and 6 - I love a little mystery in my dialog boxes! :wink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.