burning problem

tomer18

Hello everyone,

Recently I tried to burn an image on imgburn, and while the burning was 67% i recieved a message -

Failed to Write Sectors 2581408 - 2581439 - Unknown (Internal Target Failure) (0x44, 0x8E)

I tried to burn again but i got this message again:(

I used Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL , on 2.4x speed , and my drive is PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D 1.17 (ATA)

P.S

When i tried to burn the image, I opened the .dvd file, and I got this message-

Invalid or Unsupported file format!

Reason: line 1 does not contain 'IBQ' or 'IBQ2'.

the weird thing is that I succeeded opening this .dvd file by right click-->burn using imgburn.

Please! Help! What should I do??

Thanks a lot,

Tomer

Did you click 'Load Queue' ?!

An image file is not a queue file.

Use the correct method to load image files and you'll be fine.

As for the burning error, we need to see the complete log for that session. You can access saved logs via the Help menu in the program. Just copy + paste the entire log session where you were had that error whilst burning.

Did you click 'Load Queue' ?!

An image file is not a queue file.

Use the correct method to load image files and you'll be fine.

As for the burning error, we need to see the complete log for that session. You can access saved logs via the Help menu in the program. Just copy + paste the entire log session where you were had that error whilst burning.

I Think this is it..:

I 01:18:58 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 01:18:58 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 01:18:58 Total Physical Memory: 1,046,960 KB - Available: 516,044 KB

I 01:18:58 Initialising SPTI...

I 01:18:58 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 01:18:58 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

Question: I was reviewing the log file and what part of it told you that the dvd burner needed firmware update.. Other than looking at the current version in the log file and comparing it to the most current download available for his DVD burner?? thank you.. This question is just curiosity and would like to understand the troubleshooting process. "Yes, curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought her back!" :D Thank you again for your time. :)

No magic, I just did exactly what you said....looked at the version number and compared it to what's available.

New versions have better support for certain dyes. There's a chance that MKM-003-00 is one of those where support has been improved.

Wonderful!!! Thx for the quick response.. :) have a good one.

Update your firmware.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_154-fil...W141EU.EXE.html

Update ImgBurn.

www.imgburn.com

By the looks of it, the drive was still burning when you told it to stop - i.e. the 'Retry' had worked.

I still don't think that the 'retry' worked, because the burning process was stuck on 67% 15 minutes later. But if you say so.. you know better than me for sure.

I updated my firmware and my imgburn version. Do you think it will work now? I hope it will.. Verbatim are not very cheap..

Tomer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.