I/O Error - Optiarc DVD RW AD-5260S 1.00

dyrebar

Please post the log if you still have it.

Also, is this drive an internal or an external drive?  My experience has been power resets, if that's the source of the problem, tend to happen more on my external drives than internal ones.

Dont have the log anymore, no :( But i could prolly reproduce it. Its an internal and the problem could be power reset as i've gotten that message in ultraISO aswell. Is there something wrong with the wiring, because my pc isnt turning of randomly during burning?

Do you know how long you've had the drive?  My experience with Optiarcs was they'd last about 6 to 12 months before needing replacing.  And I had many Optiarcs over the years.

If UltraISO returns this error, too, then it's probably some kind of hardware error, definitely.  In my experience, I'd be more inclined to replace the DVD burner first and see if that fixes the problem.

Most of my experience has been 12 months is average.  However, my last drive, a Pioneer 209 Blu-Ray burner, is approaching 2 years old in May!  :o  The only problem it has now is a very few times when I press the Eject button, the drive light lights up but the tray doesn't eject.  A second press then ejects it.

I replaced my dying LG Blu-Ray burner with a 2nd Pioneer 209, so now I have a 2 year old 209 and a few months old 209.

Cool, thx for the advice :)

I 18:58:16 Family Tree:
I 18:58:16 -> ACPI x64-based PC
I 18:58:16 -> Microsoft ACPI-kompatibelt system
I 18:58:16 -> PCI-bus
I 18:58:16 -> Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller (VEN_8086&DEV_2822 - Intel - iaStorA)
I 18:58:16 -> cd-rom-drev (Optiarc DVD RW AD-5260S SCSI CdRom Device) (Bus Number 5, Target Id 0, LUN 0)

I hope this is what you ment Lightning Uk!

Now, granted, I had one Optiarc that I replaced after 6 months but it wasn't because it had stopped burning correctly.  It needed replacing because after ejecting discs, every time I touched the disc in the tray to remove it, the drive reloaded the tray!  :angry:  This happens sometimes to drives and the only solution is to replace them.  Granted, this is the only one I ever had that happen on, though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.