Possible bug in UDF Volume Label to ISO9660 Volume Label auto population

dbminter

I don't know if this is a bug or not.

Begin by creating a job where the UDF Label is Test - Test.  Then, add a VIDEO_TS folder to the job.  ImgBurn automatically asks if you want to make a DVD Video and set the appropriate settings.  If you do, the ISO9660 Volume Label is populated with TEST - TEST.  However, the - is not an allowable character and must be changed to _.  However, if you do NOT set the UDF Label to Test - Test BEFORE adding the VIDEO_TS and letting ImgBurn make the appropriate settings changes, if you put Test - Test in the UDF Label field AFTER adding the VIDEO_TS and letting ImgBurn make the changes and you press the Copy UDF volume label to other file systems button on the right side of the UDF Label field, the ISO9660 Label field is populated with TEST_TEST, which is the correct, allowable entry for ISO9660.

So, is the automatic changes that ImgBurn is making to the IS9660 Label when importing VIDEO_TS with an existing UDF Label correct or is it overlooking the unallowable characters when it should be automatically converting them like the Copy UDF volume label to other file systems button does?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, also found this.  Don't know if it's the same issue you addressed or not. 

If you have spaces in the UDF label field, when ImgBurn auto populates the same field data into ISO9660, the spaces are copied over, even though they're not allowed and should be changed to underscores.

Is this the same issue you fixed?

• 1 month later...

Is this for a real, you guys interact as if the update will come soon. I would give $$$$$$ if I see it....this is a truly unreal how one can talk so convincing.

I have probably close to 400 4K UHD videos that are shrinked with BD rebuilder and nothing would work to burn it correctly using UDF 2.50 like ImgBurn and to make it work on my son's PS3.....Dam it whoever you are "Lighting UK" quit saying BS that you working on update🤐

Update ImgBurn and you will see BIG donation and I don't say things unless I mean it

Edited by AWKJ

Well, LUK may have painted himself into a corner elsewhere when he said he'd hoped to have a new update released by the end of the year.  :)

Work does progress on ImgBurn, though not at the pace of the past.  There was a beta released almost 3 years and 10 months ago with the latest changes rolled into it.  It would be nice to get another beta to try out before the final release, though... :wink:

Optical Media is very much still alive, maybe not as popular as it was  few years ago, but it ain't going away for a log time. My son collection of 4K UHD and Blu-ray is close to 2K and as for me I still use DVD's and M-Disc for my work backups even thou I have home server with close to 2 petabytes of storage for mine and my wife's legal work.  I also still love to rip and back up my own movies and I'm sure there is ton of others like me who would appreciate ImgBurn refreshed.

With all honesty, If new version was to be released ( which I highly doubt) Its been to long to hope for that, but i would easily donate min. $500 and up, all he  has to do is make this happen and release new Imgburn.  I make more in a day of work to care about $ so whatever Lightnig UK dealing with now I hope he can bring himself to level of energy and finally do it.

Anyways, I know this is probably mute point, but I said my piece.

If its not a secret, Is it possible to see the change log please, If not that's OK. I'm still skeptical, but If indeed  the new ImgBurn gets released I will keep my word, I'm old school guy when promise meant something.

Edited by AWKJ

It's not public for everyone to acces it but I think that is no secret in it as eventualy all that is put there it will get public on release date.

Here is how it looks for now:

2.5.8.2 - In Progress...

Added: Option to auto-accept a few warnings related to 'Read Compatibility' when burning a small image to a DVD DL disc.
Added/Changed: If you choose to overwrite an existing image file, any accompanying CCD/CUE/DVD/MDS files get deleted so old ones don't exist alongside an image they aren't meant for.
Added/Changed: There's a now a 30 second timeout (per track) when no progress is being made during track analysis (finding pregaps).
Changed: Removed IronSource stuff from the installer. It's now 'clean' again.

2.5.8.1 - Pre April 2021

Added: Support for recognising some extra versions of Windows 10 (i.e. Education edition) and added the version number (i.e. 1709) to the OS string in the log.
Added: CLI return value '6' if cycling the tray between write and verify was aborted or failed.
Added: Support for displaying information about spare area allocation / usage on DVD-RAM discs.
Added: Support for reading the volume label from the 'disc.inf' file (if present) when building a DVD/HDDVD/BD Video image/disc.
Added: Tweak for USB SuperSpeed detection on Window 8+ operating systems.
Added: Support for identifying Ultra HD Blu-ray / AACS2 drive capabilities.
Added: Support for idenfitying Ultra HD Blu-ray BD-ROM media in the disc info panel.
Added: Support for 8cm DVDs in Build mode. 
Added: New '/CONVERTMODE2TOMODE1' command line parameter, enabling the user to auto-answer the prompt when attempting to save a 'Mode 2' CD as an ISO file (it should be a BIN file).
Added: Before displaying the CUE file 'Save As' dialog, the program now does a little check for file names that won't convert to Ansi (and back) and adjusts the default value for the 'Save as type' field accordingly. 
Added: Double clicking files in the 'Disc' section of the Disc Layout Editor window now opens them.
Added: Disc information is now shown for BD discs with the XG4 disc identifier.
Added: Ability to select multiple folders via the newer (IFileDialog) folder dialog box in Build mode.
Added: The 'Physical Format Information' disc info text block now also includes the 'Layer Type' field.
Added: Log entry showing the current state of the 'Advanced Quiet Drive' and 'PureRead' features for Pioneer drives when reading/verifying a disc.
Added: Support for disabling 'Quiet Mode' on Pioneer drives when reading / verifying a disc.
Added: Support for manipulating the 'Advanced Quiet Drive' and 'PureRead' features for Pioneer drives via the 'Advanced Settings' feature.
Added: Option to show/hide hidden files from the Explorer pane within the Disc Layout Editor window.
Changed: Switched from OpenCandy to IronSource.
Changed: Updated to latest OpenCandy SDK.
Changed: Updated installer to NSIS 2.51.
Changed: The ListBox in the Log window is now double buffered to reduce flickering as items are added to it.
Changed: Fail silently when an attempt to get the connection speed of a USB device fails.
Changed/Fixed: Only open devices for 'read' access (not 'read/write') when extracting boot images.
Changed/Fixed: Slight tweak to the CD-TEXT code when building the disc id pack.
Fixed: Incorrect values within 'BD Disc Information' text when BDXL TL/QL media is present.
Fixed: Detect if an 'INDEX' within a CUE file start beyond the end of the data (BIN) file.
Fixed: Not being able to use the phyiscal layer break position on 8cm DVD media when in Build mode.
Fixed: Potential leak when displaying the newer (IFileDialog) open/save/folder dialog boxes.
Fixed: Bad CRC calculation when patching the 'boot information table'.
Fixed: Reading and using Album Performer/Title tags in CUE files when they aren't wanted.
Fixed: Incorrect read/write rates being calculated when working with CDs.

Thanks for the log, this indeed looks like nice progress. My only hope is and nothing would make me happier then to see the final release.

I'm looking forward to see the day of release.

Thanks again.

btw. If that happens, not only I will keep my word I will also make monthly, smaller donations as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.