“Layouts do not match” ERROR

A.Rod

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to burn an iso image onto a cd-r and for some reason I always get this error. 
The destination media supported write speeds are: 4x, 8x

I’ve then set write speed accordingly however, after “cycling tray before verify” I always get this error.

”sector mode not equal (1, 1, 1/3)”

Checking the cd-r, it seems to have been written though…

I don’t know what else I can try..

any ideas?

thnx🤕

Edited by A.Rod

When you say you've checked the CD-R, what exactly have you done?

Once the disc has burnt and you get that error.... if you 'ok' the box and then switch to Read mode, can you copy and paste everything from the box on the right of the main window please?

It seems as if your drive is reporting that the disc is still empty - hence the session count coming back as 0 on the burnt disc.

Could be the use of CMC MAG discs.  Try swapping those out for Verbatim DataLife Plus CD-R.  NOT the Life Series you'll find in brick and mortar stores as those are CMC.  If you still get the same error, especially with multiple ISO's you're trying to burn, the problem would most likely lie with your burner.

20 hours ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

When you say you've checked the CD-R, what exactly have you done?

Once the disc has burnt and you get that error.... if you 'ok' the box and then switch to Read mode, can you copy and paste everything from the box on the right of the main window please?

It seems as if your drive is reporting that the disc is still empty - hence the session count coming back as 0 on the burnt disc.

Actually I was wrong, the disc are in fact empty. 
Here’s the info in “read mode”

thnx

C02CCF0B-FAD6-4F6D-A7D8-CD5B53458C88.jpeg

19 hours ago, dbminter said:

Could be the use of CMC MAG discs.  Try swapping those out for Verbatim DataLife Plus CD-R.  NOT the Life Series you'll find in brick and mortar stores as those are CMC.  If you still get the same error, especially with multiple ISO's you're trying to burn, the problem would most likely lie with your burner.

Yes, I hope it’s due to the discs I’m using... I’ll give it a go with verbatims as suggested..

I’ve burnt ISOs in the past with this same burner and software, but I got this error with some of the ISOs. I always thought it was the files themselves, mainly downloaded from the net…

I wonder if other users of same computer are experiencing issues with their cd burners…?

Sony VAIO vgn ar41s laptop

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.