Batch-create iso files?

ominus

hi guys.

i would like your help about a problem i have.

first of all,i find imgburn's function to autoqueue and autoburn iso files,fantastic.its a real time saver and moreover it helps me to organize my burned dvds better.

what i miss,and i dont know if some other program can handle it,is the ability to autocreate iso files from specific folders with a very ittle involvement from my part.

i ll explain what i mean.

i have one main folder,with subfolders named data1,data2,data3 etc.all the subfolders have data whose size doesnt exceed the capacity of a dvd disk.in other words,the subfolders are ready to get burned,which i always do using the build mode of imgburn.

now i wonder if there is a program,which can automaticaly get each subfolder and create an iso of it with the label of the subfolder.

for example i run the program,i insert the subfolders,it takes the first subfolder data1,it creates an iso file with the name data1,then it takes the subfolder data2,it creates an iso file with the name data2,and so on.

i know that ultraiso,folder2iso,mkisofs,etc create iso files from folders.i want something similar with the ability to batch-create iso files from folders.

please if u can help me with this,u will make burning a lot easier for me.because for now what i do,is to run the buld mode from imgburn,add the data1 folder,burn the disk,then remove the data1 folder,add the data2 folder,make a new burn,and so on.

if i can combine the iso autoqueue function of the imgburn with the iso autocreate function of some other program,i would be a very very happy man.

pls help.

Hi and welcome to the forum, ominus! :)

There is a command line languge for ImgBurn that should make it possible to create a .bat file for the task. You'll find the ReadMe.txt in the program file of ImgBurn. It will give you a list and examples of the various commands.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a command line languge for ImgBurn that should make it possible to create a .bat file for the task. You'll find the ReadMe.txt in the program file of ImgBurn. It will give you a list and examples of the various commands.

hey thanks.the command line language works fine.

but i have a qustion about the batch file.

when i run it,instead of running each job at a time,it starts all the jobs simultaneously which mean imgburn opens many windows.

if i put the pause command,for example:

start imgburn etc etc /close

pause

then the batch does wait for me to press a key to continue to the next job.

but i wonder if there is another way i can make the batch file to run the jobs as a queue without having to press any key,or the pause command is the only solution?

hey thanks.the command line language works fine.

but i have a qustion about the batch file.

when i run it,instead of running each job at a time,it starts all the jobs simultaneously which mean imgburn opens many windows.

if i put the pause command,for example:

pause

then the batch does wait for me to press a key to continue to the next job.

but i wonder if there is another way i can make the batch file to run the jobs as a queue without having to press any key,or the pause command is the only solution?

I seem to remember feeding prompts back in the day - with things like:

/y

> Y

| Y

|more

Stuff like that.

I think I used to use the CALL command also.

I was a batch file fanatic back in the days of DOS 5 and Norton Commander...

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.