Using ImgBurn without other software?

ishel

I obtained my copy of ImgBurn with DVDFlick, and it works fine for burning (say) AVI files etc... but when it come to burning an ISO it seems best to open ImgBurn directly - DVDFLick doesn't seem to fulfill a purpose there.

Is this how it's supposed to be? Or is ImgBurn always supposed to be used within other software. I am such a newbie to this (can't you tell!) that I guess I'm just asking, what are the issues I should be aware of here?

ImgBurn is a standalone program and I don't recall ever even giving my permission for DVD Flick to bundle it.

Programs just like to call it up for the burning phase to save the user doing it manually.

I am now using ImgBurn just fine on its own, with ISOs at any rate. It's so easy and intuitive - well, so far... even worked out how to build & burn (okay, maybe no challenge for most here, but I am a tech dummy!)

So, excuse my lack of understanding, but what is DVD Flick actually achieving before the burn phase anyway?

I'm sorry to have been the bearer of bad news about what DVD Flick is doing. I'm not sure if they give any credit to you, it's a while since I downloaded it. All I can say is... ImgBurn is just a delight to use and making things so easy... I have no clue how software writers do what they do (just as I put fuel in my car but have no clue what happens under the bonnet) - I am just full of admiration, that's all :)

DVD Flick converts things like AVI files into a nice DVD Video structure (VIDEO_TS folder with IFO/VOB/BUP files) that ImgBurn can then burn to disc and will work on any player.

Oh... that's good to know... so, I will continue to use it with AVIs and suchlike. It does seem to be good for those. But they still depend on your work do finish the job. You are benevolent not to get tooo bent out of shape by it! ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.