DL break point problems

advda

Thanks for the help!

There is a DL problem I can't find thew reply :-)

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1777

tutorial states about DL change point:

"Normally you shouldn't worry about ticking the 'Don't update IFO/BUP files' box, and you should definitely not tick it unless you have prepared IFO's in advance containing layer break info."

As obviously all original DL DVDs already have a layer break point in IFO.

Does that means that WhenImgburn still asks for break point, it's correct to tick 'Don't update IFO/BUP files'?

And if I want to choose another break point then to search for SPLIP "no"?

But when there is SPLIP "yes" on all rows, what does it means?

I want to burn a DL DVD from HDD a 7 GB video_ts folder, which is copied earlier to HDD from DL DVD and therefore should have the correct IFO I assume.

Or do you suggest just to use Nero Burning ROM 8, using create video DVD wizard without creating ISO at all, as I assume Nero is able to handle break point in IFO???

Thanks

I checked the option ticking the 'Don't update IFO/BUP files' box and 'Ignore Layer Break Options' - the only not greyed out choice.

But it's an blind alley which ends with warning that the ISO created can't be burnt to DL disk.

But shouldn't there be already a break point in IFO, which imgburn could recognize and offer as valid?

But still SPLIP is 'yes" on all rows.

How to continue?

Thanks!

If you pick the one already marked as non-seamless (or however you've made it in advance) then telling ImgBurn not to update the IFOs is fine.

This assumes you know what you're doing - and if you're having to ask questions... I'm guessing you don't - no offence :)

There is no 'this is the layer break' info in IFO files, the layer break is a physical thing on the media.

You pick the physical position and then update certain cell flags in the IFO based on where you've chosen to put it.

If you don't have any non SPLIP offerings then perhaps it was seamless to begin with or some other software you've used along the way has made it so (i.e. removed any indication of the layer break - as it is typically known in other software).

If you're just reading off 1 disc and burning to another, is there any reason why you don't just use Read mode and then Write mode?

Thanks for the help!

1. Indeed, the final incompatible ISO warning appears when I choose to ignore Layer break options because it's the only option available when SPLIP is all 'yes'

2. The content of video_ts folder is a read back from DL DVD and I wonder that there is no point available for layer break. Why? I wonder, because original had a break point?

When writing such an content back to DL media, doesn't the layer break point shouldn't be in IFO as well?

Or can we leave this decision to video DVD burner application, like Nero Burning ROM 8?

As ImgBurn has a dedicated calculator for break point, I assume it's an important parameter of burning a DL layer DVD.

PS. I believe that imgburner needs first an ISO image to burn a disk.

Thanks!

No it's not the only option, you just have to select one of the LB points from the list and click the 'OK' button.

You don't need to talk about / mention Nero. ImgBurn is more than capable of doing what you need - you're just confused.

ImgBurn can burn files straight to disc, you don't need to make an ISO. Just change the 'Output' to 'Device' or pick the correct option on the Ez-Mode Picker screen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.