help

eraldo

Im getting errors when using infiniti 360 dl dvds this is the same batch that worked fine in my laptops dvd drive but just dont complete burning in my desktops drive

I 19:08:56 ImgBurn Version 2.5.1.0 started!
I 19:08:56 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)
I 19:08:56 Total Physical Memory: 3,406,144 KB  -  Available: 2,280,944 KB
I 19:08:56 Initialising SPTI...
I 19:08:56 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 19:08:56 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C SB04 (D:) (ATA)
I 19:08:56 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!
I 19:09:31 Operation Started!
I 19:09:31 Source File: C:\Users\eraldo\Desktop\Richards stuff\360 games\Halo reach\ZARTH_UNGODLY\Ungodly-HRsv2.dvd
I 19:09:31 Source File Sectors: 3,827,488 (MODE1/2048)
I 19:09:31 Source File Size: 7,838,695,424 bytes
I 19:09:31 Source File Volume Identifier: DVD_ROM
I 19:09:31 Source File Volume Set Identifier: ec67c000MS UDFBridge
I 19:09:31 Source File Application Identifier: CDIMAGE 2.45 (12/06/2000 TM)
I 19:09:32 Source File Implementation Identifier: Microsoft CDIMAGE UDF
I 19:09:32 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.50)
I 19:09:32 Destination Device: [2:1:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C SB04 (D:) (ATA)
I 19:09:32 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)
I 19:09:32 Destination Media Sectors: 4,173,824
I 19:09:32 Write Mode: DVD
I 19:09:32 Write Type: DAO
I 19:09:32 Write Speed: 4x
I 19:09:32 Link Size: Auto
I 19:09:32 Lock Volume: Yes
I 19:09:32 Test Mode: No
I 19:09:32 OPC: No
I 19:09:32 BURN-Proof: Enabled
I 19:09:32 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 5,540 KB/s (4x)
I 19:09:32 Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM
I 19:09:32 User Specified L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1,913,760
I 19:10:12 Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Succeeded!
I 19:10:14 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)
I 19:10:15 Writing LeadIn...
I 19:10:16 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 3827487)
I 19:10:16 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 3827487)
I 19:10:16 Writing Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 1913759)
W 19:13:10 Failed to Write Sectors 444384 - 444415 - Reason: Unknown (Write Error) (ASC: 0x0C, ASCQ: 0x82)
W 19:13:10 Retrying (1 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write
W 19:13:11 Retrying (2 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (3 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (4 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (5 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (6 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (7 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (8 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (9 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (10 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (11 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (12 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (13 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (14 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (15 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (16 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (17 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (18 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (19 of 20)...
W 19:13:11 Retrying (20 of 20)...
E 19:13:21 Failed to Write Sectors 444384 - 444415 - Reason: Unknown (Write Error) (ASC: 0x0C, ASCQ: 0x82)
E 19:13:21 Next Writable Address: 443856
I 19:13:21 Synchronising Cache...
W 19:13:25 User opted to skip the 'Close Track/Session/Disc' functions.
E 19:13:25 Failed to Write Image!
I 19:13:25 Exporting Graph Data...
I 19:13:25 Graph Data File: C:\Users\eraldo\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_SH-S223C_SB04_17-SEPTEMBER-2010_19-09_RICOHJPN-D01-67_4x.ibg
I 19:13:25 Export Successfully Completed!
E 19:13:25 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:03:53
I 19:13:25 Average Write Rate: 4,804 KB/s (3.5x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,857 KB/s (4.2x)
E 19:13:25 InterfaceThread Runtime Exception! - Message: EZeroDivide
E 19:13:25 Current StatusBar Text: 'Busy'
I 19:13:28 Close Request Acknowledged
I 19:13:28 Closing Down...
I 19:13:29 Shutting down SPTI...
I 19:13:29 ImgBurn closed!

Iv tried this 4 times now and got the same problem. Is it the drives firmware that just doesnt support this disk type, does anyone know of any good custom firmware or something for this drive?

the dye is RICOHJPN-D01-67

yes iv tried dif speeds.

Regards.

Edited by eraldo

Update the firmware to latest http://www.firmwarehq.com/Samsung/SH-S223C/files.html and try again.

Try with all the speeds available.

Update ImgBurn too.

Update Vista to SP2, too.

Try tother suggestions from here, too http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

Edited by ianymaty

I just tried this new firmware about 20 mins ago, still the same problem.

Changelog in the new imgburn says nothing about support for new dye so i doubt very much thats going to fix this, as i used a much older version of imgburn on my laptop and these disks worked.

ImgBurn has nothing to do with the dye/MID you are using. All it does is sending data to drive. From that on all rely on burner/firmware/media...

So you have to change something... your choice...

Edited by ianymaty

ImgBurn has nothing to do with the dye/MID you are using. All it does is sending data to drive. From that on all rely on burner/firmware/media...

So you have to change something... your choice...

Thats got to be the most unhelpfull post iv ever seen? whats your point? change what exactly? If you dont know then how about not posting....

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

Your discs are not the best for the job, read and follow the info given in the link as ianymaty suggested.

No there not great but what is 2nd to verbatim.... nothing, i can burn ritek disks and there cheap dye and these work fine but not a disk that most people deem 2nd to verbatim which are the infiniti 360 disks using jpn dye which is not bad, and like i said they worked fine in my laptops burner which is no where near as good as my desktops so saying im using crap media just doesnt make sense in this case.

Edited by eraldo

Thats got to be the most unhelpfull post iv ever seen? whats your point? change what exactly? If you dont know then how about not posting....

You have got this link twice and you are not paying attention. :innocent:

I'll give it you one more time. Here it is http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

Still don't no what to change? :blink:

You have got this link twice and you are not paying attention. :innocent:

I'll give it you one more time. Here it is http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=8000

Still don't no what to change? :blink:

Yeah the guy above me posted it and i replyed... so anything you dont know the anwser to you tell the person their disks are crap and should get verbatims, dispite them working in the past.... thanks for the help....not

Look, your drive is erroring out (some variation of a 'Write Error').

As the drive has complete control over the burn, the issue must lie somewhere between your drive, the firmware it's running and your choice of media.

There's no magic fix for your problem, the drive/firmware has an issue with the media and you won't fix it by being an arse to the people trying to help you.

Does it really matter that your laptop drive could burn the discs? I mean, seriously, how is that relevant?! You're using totally different hardware now. It's like changing your car from a Bugatti Veyron to a Ford Fiesta and complaining you can't go 250MPH in it. All drives deal with different media in different ways.

Maybe you just ended up with a duff Samsung drive, who knows.

If a drive can't burn a Verbatim (there isn't any better) than it's considered useless.

See, when I'd said you have to change something, I meant:

1. Firmware - there is no newer for your drive...

2. Media - you are reluctant to try Verbatim... or at least something else than your beloved Infiniti 360...

3. Drive - in the end when nothing helped, you have to change/buy another drive in case you don't plan to quit burning discs...

Look, your drive is erroring out (some variation of a 'Write Error').

As the drive has complete control over the burn, the issue must lie somewhere between your drive, the firmware it's running and your choice of media.

There's no magic fix for your problem, the drive/firmware has an issue with the media and you won't fix it by being an arse to the people trying to help you.

Does it really matter that your laptop drive could burn the discs? I mean, seriously, how is that relevant?! You're using totally different hardware now. It's like changing your car from a Bugatti Veyron to a Ford Fiesta and complaining you can't go 250MPH in it. All drives deal with different media in different ways.

Maybe you just ended up with a duff Samsung drive, who knows.

See thats a usefull answer, thank you but no theres nothing wrong with my dvd drive, it burns all disks including arita ritek, verbatims... yes i do have these but they are expensive and im reluctant to buy loads of them for this reason.

I guess its the firmware or the drive it self that just doesnt support these infiniti disks.

thanks for taking the time to help.

If a drive can't burn a Verbatim (there isn't any better) than it's considered useless.

See, when I'd said you have to change something, I meant:

1. Firmware - there is no newer for your drive...

2. Media - you are reluctant to try Verbatim... or at least something else than your beloved Infiniti 360...

3. Drive - in the end when nothing helped, you have to change/buy another drive in case you don't plan to quit burning discs...

I dont come to forums to troll or to piss people off but seriously you are just useless... do you read any posts before making yours?

Who said my drive cant burn verbatims... what planet are you on right now?

Iv tried other disks they work fine but i have loads of these infiniti 360 disks that work great on the xbox 360 and they burned just fine with imgburn on my laptops dvdrw drive but not on my pc ... iv come here for help but you are just bringing out the worst in me with these useless posts that contain complete rubbish, tech support is not your area...

Edited by eraldo

You misunderstood what he wrote.

He meant that people have to try Verbs in their drive when they come here complaining that (insert name of non verbatim media here) don't work.

If the Verbs don't work either then the drive is obviously pretty useless. That was a general comment and not aimed at you.

His points 1, 2 and 3 were what you should have tried to do/follow when troubleshooting the problem.

At no point (with the exception of your previous post - number 11 in the thread) did you ever mention that you'd tried (with success) to use any other type of media.

What ianymaty said to you was perfectly valid.

When I first tried to backup some Xbox 360 games I got a batch of those Infiniti 360 disks. I had a Pioneer DVR-212 (brand new at the time) which burned to them without any problems at all, however my Xbox 360 did not like them. Games would usually boot as far as the main menu, but then I'd get a dirty disk error message when trying to load the actual game, or if there was an introductory video it would stutter during playback. My next batch of disks were Aone, which worked perfectly. Maybe it was just my Xbox 360's DVD drive being picky (because they can be, especially the older ones), but both of these brands of disk use the same dye, RICOHJPN D01 67, so I'm not sure what the difference could be.

That was 3 years ago now and I stuck with the Pioneer DVR-212 and Aone disks, hardly ever getting coasters and all the disks verifying and working perfectly until about 6 months ago when I started getting the same errors as you. Thinking my drive was dying (it was 2.5 years old and has burned loads of disks), I bought a new one - now I've got a Sony Optiarc AD-7240S as well as the Pioneer. However I get the same errors using that drive as well, and not just on the Aone disks, but the Ritek single layer disks that I usually use as well, regardless of what I'm burning. I've built an entirely new computer since the problem started, but I'm still getting these errors. I've still got my Pioneer drive and I alternate between them, trying to see which I get better results with, but neither work all the time. Sometimes it will work fine for a while, then I'll try to burn something and get 5-10 coasters before it works.

As I've changed everything else, I can only think it must be the disks. I haven't tried any Verbatims, but I've ordered some and hopefully they will all work. But it's a mystery to me why this brand of disks, which I've stuck with for 3 years because they've been so reliable, has suddenly failed me. They still have the same dye, but could something else about the way they are made have changed? I noticed that I used to get disks that were just called 'Aone' but now they are called Aone Gold, Plus or Premium (although I can't find out what the difference is supposed to be) and I have read that the manufacture quality of the Aone disks has dropped and also that it's possible to get fake disks, although I'm not sure how true either of these claims are.

So yeah, my advice would be to experiment with different disks - that's what I've narrowed it down to, and you've already said that your drive burns other type of disk. Yes, paying more for your disks (like getting Verbatims) does make a difference because they're higher quality, but personally I don't see why our drives can't burn the cheaper disks successfully - I mean I know cheap = low quality, but they should still work. Surely if the majority of cheap disks turned into coasters they would stop making them... So I want to know what it takes to burn them successfully - whether it's just certain writers, particular settings, or what. I think it might also be worth considering where you buy your disks from - if there is such a thing as fake disks then it might be worth avoiding eBay and sticking to reputable websites like SVP. I know I used to get all my disks from SVP and if I got this many coasters it was considered a bad batch and they'd replace them for me, but recently I've been buying from eBay and look what's happened... I'll buy a batch of Aones from SVP and see how I get on with them.

You misunderstood what he wrote.

He meant that people have to try Verbs in their drive when they come here complaining that (insert name of non verbatim media here) don't work.

If the Verbs don't work either then the drive is obviously pretty useless. That was a general comment and not aimed at you.

His points 1, 2 and 3 were what you should have tried to do/follow when troubleshooting the problem.

At no point (with the exception of your previous post - number 11 in the thread) did you ever mention that you'd tried (with success) to use any other type of media.

What ianymaty said to you was perfectly valid.

Well in that case i appologise but it wasnt worded very well at all, however this topic wasnt titled is my dvd broke, if i had no success with any other disks it wouldnt take a genius to understand that his dvd drive isnt working anymore and i wouldnt have posted this topic.

Edited by eraldo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.