Disc help

muchneedinghelp

Looking to burn Gamecube ROMs for mt modded Wii. Someone here once told me I needed to get special discs that didn't have cvc or cmc or something like that. Im just wondering what brand of discs people use to burn their Gamecube games. Or where you possibly get them from of it can be done online. I'm looking to use regular sized discs, not small ones.

Edited by muchneedinghelp

You're probably talking about the disc id (MID) and that you should avoid those made by CMC.

Buy some proper Verbatim discs (not the value line ones) - look for the term 'Azo' on them... I think they're the good ones.

I have a million discs left over from back when I was developing ImgBurn full time, and as such, I haven't purchased any for a long time now - so please forgive me if the product branding has changed.

Back then, anything with a disc ID starting with the letters MCC, MKM, TYG or YUDEN were considered 'decent'.

Yeah, what you're looking for is to avoid CMC.  What you want (In most cases.  Not all drives work the same way, like the WH16NS60 BD burner.) is Verbatim DataLife Plus discs.  Or, as LUK said, ones listed as AZO.  DON'T get the Life Series Verbatim you find in stores; those are CMC.  The DataLife Plus/AZO discs are only found in online stores like Amazon.com.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.