No Devices Detected!

true911

That's the message I'm getting when trying to use ImgBurn 2.5.8 on Win10 22H2.  I tried it on another computer, same software versions, same result.  I've tried disabling Malwarebytes and Vipre AV before running ImgBurn.  Inserted USB drives are not visible to the software.  I tried the compatibility troubleshooter and manually specifying different versions of Windows.  None of these attempts changed anything.

I'm trying to "Create Image File from Disk".  Suggestions appreciated.

First step is to make sure the USB drive(s) are visible under Windows/File Explorer.  If they are, insert a disc into the USB drive and make sure Windows/File Explorer recognizes that a disc is inserted.

If the above step passes, try changing the I/O driver in ImgBurn.  Under Tools --> Settings --> I/O --> Page 1 --> Interface, there's a list of radio buttons for different I/O drivers to try.  Try changing to each one one at a time.  As you change the driver, exit ImgBurn and restart it just to be sure.  If you find an interface that recognizes your devices, stick with that one.

Other than that, I don't think I have anything.

If you want to make an ISO of a thumb drive, you might want to look into a free application called Rufus.  I know it burns ISO's to thumb drives, but it may also create ISO images of thumb drives.  I'm not entirely sure as I only use it to write bootable ISO's to thumb drives.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.