Audio CD shows right title track but wrong artist name

tide.nrg

Newly burnt audio cd shows the title of the songs correctly yet it shows the same artist for every track. the artist shown is the same artist on the first track. I'd try and resolve this on my own but i cant keep wasting cds.

The artist names that are wrong.  What is returning these artists' names?  A standalone CD player or PC playback software?

If you don't want to waste CD's and need to keep testing, try CD-RW's, which are rewritable.  However, if you are having this issue with a standalone CD player, not all standalone CD players, particularly older ones, support reading from CD-RW's.  And those that do don't necessary support all manufacturers' brands of CD-RW.

14 minutes ago, dbminter said:

The artist names that are wrong.  What is returning these artists' names?  A standalone CD player or PC playback software?

If you don't want to waste CD's and need to keep testing, try CD-RW's, which are rewritable.  However, if you are having this issue with a standalone CD player, not all standalone CD players, particularly older ones, support reading from CD-RW's.  And those that do don't necessary support all manufacturers' brands of CD-RW.

i use VLC Media Player to play most of my physical medias. i do plan on buying CD-RW's in the future but im only burning CD's for now to give to a friend as a present. 

Generally, these kinds of returned metadata errors are the fault of the software or hardware displaying them.

However, in this situation, given the returned values, I would check one thing.  There is a Performer field for Disc CD-Text and each individual track.  Make sure there is different Performer text for each CD-Text for each track.  If there is in the CUE, then try changing the Performer field for the Disc CD-Text to blank.  However, this could result in simply blank Performer fields.

One thing you can try before getting CD-RW's is to create image file sets and then mount the .CUE file as a virtual drive in something like Virtual CloneDrive.  Then, you can play the image files like a virtual CD in VLC.  This means you don't use any discs at all to burn to, which can be particularly useful for testing issues like this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.