Optimal settings for creating an ISO

Sunbeam

I thought you wanted a back up of this disc ? If so use WRITE mode, select the .iso you have just created and let ImgBurn do its stuff ! It will also verify the burnt copy against the original image for you as well :)

Let's just get you happy with this bit before we move onto Building images yeah ? :P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, will back up this disk also. What's about Write Speed setting? Should i use MAX, or better set 8x or 12x, for more reliability? The same for Read mode - default is MAX, should i use it? Yes, I am satisfied with it ISO creation work. :)

Well personally I don't go above 8x for most of my burns, some I do at 12x but thats on A Grade media. The only time I use Max is for disc tests in the drives/media forum, don't forget with ImgBurn you can use Auto and set individual burn speeds for each type of Media ID, this is what I do.

As for Read speeds just leave it on defaults :)

when i set Write Speed to 'AUTO', it show (MAX) as note. Is this data 'ZD2003-CDR-A80A' Media ID? (this for Verbatim) Even if I set Disc ID, i still net set some write speed there.

Edited by Sunbeam

Verbatim DataLifePlus Cryctal Super AZO CD -R = 'ZD2003-CDR-A80A' Media ID

its a CD so burning it at 16x or 24x will be OK we try to limit burning DVD's to 8X for best quality

this is not rocket science its ISO read and ISO write that simple and if you havent messed around with the settings then IB will verify the burned cd against the ISO image and you'll see it in the log

OK, I get this Disk ID visually from media(ZD2003-CDR-A80A), with CD inserted and clicking icon it recognized Disk ID as '97m34s23f'. However, still need set Write Speed (I thought it will set write speed automatically based on that Disk ID obtained). OK, will use 16x for CD.

Edited by Sunbeam

I've burned CD, program works good. Sure, I can leave all this 'as is' and just 'take and burn', but still want clarify small details: we set 'Write Speed' right from main GUI, so 'Automatic Write Speed' window is just for creating media database, to assign own speed parameters for particular CD? Not fully clear what is author intention for 'Auto (MAX)' speed, also.

Also, when we select 'Files of type' in browser, should we leave 'All Supported Files', or select .ISO from drop down menu?

Leave IMGburn on defaults its the optimal settings and works perfect that way .I never change the settings other than to have the program eject the tray after read, write and verify and with great media haven't burned a coaster in years .

with all the fiddleing you're doing the program wont work any better than Defaults

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.