I/O error

lnjr

Hello,

I have used image burn a few times over the past month or so with no problems.

I have started to have an I/O Error coming up. I tried to burn an iso image and I keep getting the I/O error.

After this occurred the first time I tried using the internal burner to simply copy some files to the a cd-r by using the windows xp steps. I copied files to the cd drive and then right clicked to "copy these files to cd" and the process worked without problem. So I again tried to use image burn to copy/burn the iso to a cdr with the same problem again.

I have had this problem all 3 times now. The error states:

I/O Error!

Device: [1:0;0] Mitsumi CR-48x5te 1.8 (D") (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation : Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 05 C0 00 00 20 00

Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 1472 - 1503

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Incompatible Medium Installed

However, they are the exact same cdr's that are working to copy files to cd without image burn and the same ones I have been using this whole time.

I did make sure that the updated drivers are installed (which is what I did the first time this problem occurred) for the internal cd writer so that is not the problem.

The only thing that is different is that I have installed an external dvd writer to my pc. But I don't really understand how that could be the problem since the internal writer still works without the image burn software (but I could be wrong)

Any suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what is meant by using the TAO write type for burning, maybe the drive just doesn't like doing SAO onto those discs.

---- Especially since these are the same discs that I have been using the whole time. I did try using a verbatim which I had just gotten since I was running out cdr's but the same thing happened.

Just to let you know, the drive works with no problems if I just want to copy files to the drive and then burn them to the disc without using img burn.

I do know that the first time I had this problem I did a search for updated drivers for this drive and after installing the update the problem was gone until today. (and let me tell you trying to find updated drivers for this internal mitsumi wasn't easy) {has the other person with the mistumi tried searching for updated drivers? - I did that too just in case}.

The only other thing that changed was that I was using the 2.4.1.0 version (when I updated the drivers for the mitsumi) and since then have updated to the 2.4.2.0 version of img burn. Could that be the problem?

I decided to try Active ISO - just to see if there is a problem / issue with software and the drive / burner, but that is not the problem because Active ISO burned the iso image to the disc with no problems.

I really would prefer to use IMG BURN and uninstall Active ISO. Any suggestions?

TIA

Thanks!

I'll try that and see what happens. Will changing that setting cause me problems if trying to do something else besides burn an iso image? (sorry if that sounds stupid but I'm not real knowledgeable on this stuff).

Thanks Again!

It doesn't really matter if it may or may not cause problems if you try to burn something different.

The drive isn't playing nicely when the program tries to burn using SAO (the actual data being burnt is totally irrelevant) so (assuming it works) you're stuck with TAO anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.