eSkRo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that looks nice.

yeah thanx, like LUK! said,

these are basically VISTA default icons + drop shadows on them

but i edited the red disc one to make a blue disc one....

that way the red disc icon will represent a burning to disc option

and the blue disc icon will represent a read from disc option...

33bczzt.png

nnphjp.png

:thumbup:

Edited by eSkRo

To be honest, I'm more interested in the basic functions and I'm still in DOS mode when it comes to this new graphical stuff.

Some programs have the ability to import customized icon schemes, like DVDInfoPro so the various users can have their own favorite icons in the program.

:)

TBH I think the concepts of each button are better portrayed in your version than is in the current program. And it's made much progress from the *blech* first versions in this thread! ;)

That is to say, it's easer to understand with graphics what each button does, which is a definite step in the right direction. But there seems to be a little-bit of a mixup... two, to be exact. First, dude, you're using the bullshit "themes disabled" style that I absolutely loathe. The old carry-over from Windows 98 that old farts seem to fall back on (98 had the gradient titlebar IIRC). There's no theme (there's no "ferrari xp theme!1"), it's just colors. It looks terrible and is a crappy way to demonstrate your graphical accomplishments. You should demonstrate them in a theme that most people still use, and would probably be seen by most users of ImgBurn: that default, god forsaken Luna Blue theme. Shitty, but it's better than looking like Windows 98.

Okay, now the second problem I see is the concept mixup in the way "ISO" is portrayed. The way ImgBurn shows it now isn't all that great, but it does show the key element: that ISO is a file. Your icons should show that ISO is a file, not a disc with the letters "ISO" overlayed on it. Generally speaking, for the sake of icons, a "file" is a plain white piece of paper with a folded corner, whereas a "document" (or text file, etc) is a paper with lines on it and a folded corner. So the icon shouldn't have lines, but to indicate what it is, having a disc icon on the page would help. Sort of like ImgBurn is now, only maybe smaller to more clearly show that it's a "file", not a big disc with a box around it.

Additionally, the Discovery icon should help indicate Discovery's function. The current icon, a page full of 0's going to a disc, helps indicate its purpose and function, and differentiate it from "write image to disc" (which is also, essentially, writing a "paper" icon to "disc"). Also, "Verify Disc" may be the only icon that doesn't need a "to" (like file->disc, disc->file, etc), since it can be used without a source to verify against. Perhaps the verify icon should be a disc with the magnifying glass over it?

Hope this helps! :)

First, dude, you're using the bullshit "themes disabled" style that I absolutely loathe.

You should demonstrate them in a theme that most people still use,

god forsaken Luna Blue theme.

Your icons should show that ISO is a file, not a disc with the letters "ISO" overlayed on it.

having a disc icon on the page would help.

Sort of like ImgBurn is now, only maybe smaller to more clearly show that it's a "file",

not a big disc with a box around it.

ic3eie.png

mb5zs2.png

Edited by eSkRo

for the verify he mean

just a disk with a magnifying glass on top, it can have the blue line too.

I like top one better of verify and the bottom one better for discovery

Edited by dirio49

• 2 weeks later...

The new mode picker is going to look great but blue disc icon looks like Blu-ray Disc. Suggestion: red ray for burning disc, no ray at all for reading. I don't like the Log window but it is necessary. It would be better if it was integrated in the main window or only shown while burning. Beauty is in simplicity! Drop Zone icon is nicer than Xp-like default icon. Thanks for the progress bar in taskbar of Windows 7! It is amazing! Some options to jump list on Windows 7 would be great. :thumbup:

3356680_285x226.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.