ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 Released!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 rado84

rado84

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:34 PM

I just installed MBAM to check my PC for threats and it found one in the file I least expected - ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 - Setup.exe (I renamed it when I downloaded it on April 2015). :o I'm sure there is no crap in it because I use ImgBurn for quite some time and never had any problems caused by the program but I find it disturbing that many AV programs detect it as a threat called "Open Candy". I even uploaded it to VirusTotal and the detection rate is 24/58. That doesn't mean I'll stop using it.

https://www.virustotal.com/bg/file/a6f9126febec0e18e0b89268d...39c72618f/analysis/1497367525/

The funny thing is this detection appears only on the setup file. I just scanned the ImgBurn install folder and it found no threats.

NSmPtBf.png

#42 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

Open Candy isn't a virus.  It's basically nagware that people got so fed up with, AV vendors started flagging it as a PUP, Potentially Unwanted Program.  It just phones home to a server and asks you if you want to install a bunch of extra free crapware you don't want.  It's only contained in older versions of the installer.  I believe it has been removed since there are no more Open Candy servers in use, I think.

#43 whocareswhoami

whocareswhoami

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:10 AM

ImgBurn is dead, because the creator loves legacy.

He is still sad about CD dying and replaced with new technology.

Edited by whocareswhoami, 22 May 2018 - 08:26 AM.

#44 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

I'd love to see a statement from lightning UK backing up your claim. Oh wait, you're not going to find one, because he never said it was dead. Just because something hasn't been updated in a while doesn't mean it stops working.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Official Dutch (nl-BE) translator for:

Internet Download Manager, ALL Slysoft products, VSO ConvertXtoDVD, various joomla extensions & components

#45 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,592 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

I don't agree with that statement at all.

Yes, optical discs in general are used less and less these days... but what difference does that make? ImgBurn is a disc burning program. New technology doesn't change what the program is designed for.

So long as optical discs are being used, ImgBurn will be a viable option.

Obviously it doesn't just do CD, it does DVD, BD, BDXL etc too. BDXL is very much 'current tech' within the optical disc field.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users