ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 Released!

LIGHTNING UK!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Norton is probably flagging the software as a PUP, with Potentially Unwanted Programs.  They're not viruses, but lazy and overzealous AV vendors often times flag them as viruses because they're too lazy to do otherwise.

2006 was around the time I gave up on Norton products.  As was said, it became entirely bloatware and good luck trying to uninstall what was already installed!  :rolleyes:

I stopped using ZoneAlarm Free Firewall And AntiVirus years ago abecause it used Kaspersky's AV engine.  Maybe I'm being paranoid.  Maybe Kaspersky is not a branch of the Russian government.  But, I didn't want to roll the dice.  Plus, I didn't like how they inserted things into your UEFI partition.

I got too damn sick and tired of jumping through hoops figuring out what AV software works and suddenly doesn't work.  Like Avast AntiVirus Free.  It was working on my old model Dell XPS 8930 but on the newer model 8930, it doesn't.  So, I just gave up and stuck with Windows Defender for my AV needs.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2020 at 4:55 PM, dbminter said:

I stopped using ZoneAlarm Free Firewall And AntiVirus years ago abecause it used Kaspersky's AV engine.  Maybe I'm being paranoid.  Maybe Kaspersky is not a branch of the Russian government.  But, I didn't want to roll the dice.  Plus, I didn't like how they inserted things into your UEFI partition.

I got too damn sick and tired of jumping through hoops figuring out what AV software works and suddenly doesn't work.  Like Avast AntiVirus Free.  It was working on my old model Dell XPS 8930 but on the newer model 8930, it doesn't.  So, I just gave up and stuck with Windows Defender for my AV needs.

And yet, my Dell XPS 8930 desk top came with McAfee pre-installed "incl in the price", which I immediatly disabled/uninstalled then installed my Bitdefender Total Security. To me, it says a lot about Windows Defender...Also disabled.

Just saying.

Actually if I remember correctly, windows defender scored pretty high ok the last anti-virus products test that compared over 40 different ones. I believe it ended up in the top 5 or very least top 10.

It's come a long way since its first release.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

On my Dell's, including 2 8930 XPS systems, I HAD to uninstall McAfee in order to install ZoneAlarm Free Firewall.  I even had to download the FULL :angry: uninstall utility from McAfee's web site in order to remove its insidious tentacles from the system.

Windows Defender has, indeed, come a long way since its inception.  PC World tests place it as a more than capable AV solution now.

21 hours ago, dbminter said:

On my Dell's, including 2 8930 XPS systems, I HAD to uninstall McAfee in order to install ZoneAlarm Free Firewall.  I even had to download the FULL :angry: uninstall utility from McAfee's web site in order to remove its insidious tentacles from the system.

Windows Defender has, indeed, come a long way since its inception.  PC World tests place it as a more than capable AV solution now.

I've been a enthusiast pc builder for several decades and Windows 10 Security for the most part has kept my systems safe.  I use to run Malwarebytes as a secondary level of protection but for the better part of the past year or so Defender seems to catch the bad stuff prior to it getting to the anti-malware. 

• 4 months later...

Why do you consider ImgBurn dead?

ImgBurn may not be updating regularly, but... if it ain't broke don't fix it. It works great.

In fact, I have purchased software that only has a portion of the capabilities that ImgBurn possesses.

As long as Lightning UK! the author of ImgBurn is active on the forum, how can you consider it's abandonware?

There is not much to improve in disc burning, so as long as it burns, the software is good as it is.

Even if it has no recent new release it works on all Windows releases.

16 hours ago, ianymaty said:

As long as Lightning UK! the author of ImgBurn is active on the forum, how can you consider it's abandonware?

There is not much to improve in disc burning, so as long as it burns, the software is good as it is.

Even if it has no recent new release it works on all Windows releases.

Last update was released in 2013, seven years ago.

And in the future many Windows programs can not working anymore due to Windows evolution.

Last update was released in 2013, seven years ago.

And in the future many Windows programs can not working anymore due to Windows evolution.

Perhaps, but as it stands now at this very moment that scenario does NOT apply to Win 10 build 2004. Just burned another 3 Blu-ray with it. 100% fully functional.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

When you keep  saying ImgBurn is not dead, yet, no updates since 2013. Its BS, no software developer let the app go without even small improvement for that long and ImgBurn definitely has few bugs, even if they are aesthetic bugs, you don't shove bug under the rug, that could have been fixed years ago.

I still have a ton of DVDs and CDs and I will use optical drives for years to come, in fact I just got 300 Verbatim AZO DVDs and 200 Verbatim CDs and I've been using PowerISO as it does really great job, but I have to admit I still like ImgBurn but  will refuse to use dead software I can't get around the idea that e.g.

1.when launching ImgBurn on windows 10, log window is always separated by a bit from main ImgBurn window on my BenQ 4K monitor and you can't join them don't matter what.

2. it shows I’m on windows 8 pro and this was promised to be fixed 3 years ago I remember…BS

So! When you say there is nothing to fix…..phhhh, there is always something to improve.

Call me crazy, but I’m thinking that someone else is running this long dead software and forum and pretending to be the org. developer and whomever that is, has no clue how to fix the bugs, because these there is no way, no way even if someone is extremely busy in their personal life’s would leave this for that long…promises...promises, but once again ImgBurn was dead years ago and abandoned by org. owner.

Untitled.png

Edited by AWKJ

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.