ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Freeware to view ImgBurn .ibg files.

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#41 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

It works just by adding the manifest... I tried it a few days ago (using Restorator).

The only visible change was the combobox though. Those buttons need sorting/changing/removing (and I mentioned this in a previous post) because the colours won't work with themes.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#42 khagaroth

khagaroth

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

Just adding the manifest without linking to comctl32 and initializing common controls works sometimes, but it is not recommended and in most cases the app will just crash complaining about incorrect configuration.

#43 eSkRo

eSkRo

ISF Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

works now on XP FRENCH

Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:13 AM

Hello,

It looks like BurnPlot will open .ibg files on Cynthia and eSkRo's systems now. Good, now I can start concentrating on form over function.

Let me answer a few of your questions - yes, yes, no, yes, no, no, yes, and no. Just kidding.

@ LIGHTNING UK! - 1. I think I have figured out an algorithm to calculate the RPM data but I will try the link provided to see if they have a better way.

2. Window start position = center screen. OK.

3. Yes, I can scale the X-axis the same as DVDInfoPro - even though he compresses the plots to show a 4.7GB DVD on a 4.5GB scale. Can you give me a list of all the valid "MEDIA_TYPE" entries ImgBurn can/will show in the .ibg files ? (Such as CD-R, DVD-R, etc...)

4. The splash screen is just for show. Should I eliminate it or just shorten the time out ?

5. I am adding the ability to save the plot image as a .png. I will use the common dialog for saving an image which will eliminate the drop down menu problem.

6. Will fix the icon in the next go round.

@ Cynthia - 1. I am not trapping any errors so people can tell me if they have an error instead of "It looks wierd". When I get BurnPlot to the point where it seems to work for everyone I will trap the errors so it doesn't bomb out on unsuspecting users. Interestingly, I tried opening a "fake" .ibg file (.png renamed to .ibg) with DVDInfoPro - the first time it trapped the error and gave me a nice message but the second time it blew up and invoked Dr. Watson for a dump which also crashed. I had to use task manager to end the process - very messy !

2. As I mentioned to LIGHTNING UK! above I am adding the ability to save the plot image as a .png. I will use the common dialog for saving an image which will eliminate the drop down menu problem. The open and save dialogs initial directories will be ImgBurn\Graph Data Files and Current Users\Desktop respectively.

@ Everyone - Again thanks for your help/suggestions.

#45 Cynthia

Cynthia

ISF Newbie

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:28 AM

I like your new user name better than the old one and looking forward to see the next version of the program. :)

#46 eSkRo

eSkRo

ISF Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:35 AM

oh just to know, this graph viewer your making, will it be built in ImgBurn eventually?

Edited by eSkRo, 14 June 2009 - 06:36 AM.

Posted Image

#47 mmalves

mmalves

resident n00b

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

oh just to know, this graph viewer your making, will it be built in ImgBurn eventually?

No, but there will be a link for it on ImgBurn's Download page, just like there is for DVDInfoPro.

#48 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:13 AM

4. The splash screen is just for show. Should I eliminate it or just shorten the time out ?

I don't like to tell you to remove it but I must admit that I don't like anything which inserts an artificial pause.

As your program will hopefully end up as something the users load up from within ImgBurn (by clicking the 'Display Graph Data' button), the quicker it loads the better as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe you could make a nice 'About' box which has the logo, your name etc in it so you're given the credit you deserve.

The 'MEDIA_TYPE' entries can be:

CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, DVD-RAM, HD DVD-ROM, HD DVD-R, HD DVD-RW, HD DVD-RAM, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

Remember 4.7GB discs don't exist, they're 4.37GB in true computing terms where 1024 is used for the divider rather than 1000.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#49 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

Everything is now done my end to have ImgBurn open BurnPlot or DVDInfoPro as the graph data viewer.

Of course it'll only work when your tool eventually supports loading an IBG file that's passed as a command line parameter. You'll need to add that functionality so people will be able to double click an IBG file and have your program open up automatically anyway... which I assume is something you wanted?

#50 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:21 PM

Hello,

New version of BurnPlot attached. [Edited - Previous Version Removed, See Current Post For Latest Version]

@ LIGHTNING UK! - I am still working on horizontal axis scaling, RPM data ploting, and saving the plots as a .png, but, I think I fixed the problem with opening the last .ibg you sent me (Even made a few worst case .ibg files to check it out), disabled the splash screen, and added the command line parameter functionality. Let me know if the command line parameter stuff works the way you want.

Would you happen to know the 1X maximum (Sector 0) and minimum (Last sector) RPM's for CD, DVD, HD, and BD CLV drives ? I will use these values to scale the RPM calculations.

@ Cynthia - Sorry about the screen name. I have been using that name since I worked in Japan several years ago. Most Americans have no idea what it means so it was kind of an inside joke.

@ Everyone - Bug reports, please.

Thanks.

Edited by Daystrom M5, 19 June 2009 - 01:05 PM.

#51 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

I opened the program and clicked on the menu option to save a bmp to the desktop.

---------------------------
BurnPlot
Run-time error '380':

Invalid property value
OK

#52 Cynthia

Cynthia

ISF Newbie

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

No issues for me to save the .bmp graph to my desktop. Vista 32 here. :)

#53 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:52 PM

It's kinda random (uninitialised variables I guess?) - oh and I hadn't loaded a file.

#54 eSkRo

eSkRo

ISF Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

hmmm...
i have that SAVE .BMP TO DESKTOP problem too...

Posted Image

and also when i BROWSE FOR .IBG FILE TO OPEN
its not the default location for ibg files that appears...

Posted Image

Edited by eSkRo, 15 June 2009 - 04:20 PM.

Posted Image

#55 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:20 PM

This looks like an x-axis scaling problem too.

15_06_2009_20_17_05.png

15_06_2009_20_18_05.png

Attached File  Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD_7240S_1.01_15_JUNE_2009_20_05_97m34s25f.ibg   7.12KB   664 downloads

#56 cornholio7

cornholio7

ISF Holio

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,082 posts
  • Interests:Canon dslr's, computers

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:27 PM

bp_error.gif

graph opens now but i get that error saving to desktop too

small suggestion, is it possible to change write cpu button text colour? (white maybe?)

#57 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:01 PM

I think the buttons should be swapped out for checkboxes with standard text to the right of them.

To the left of the checkbox could be another little square with the appropriate colour in it (or something along those lines anyway).

That way, it'll all theme properly once the XP manifest is added.

The checkboxes can be disabled when that data isn't available in the IBG file.

#58 Daystrom M5

Daystrom M5

Author of BurnPlot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

Hello,

I haven't had too much time to work on this during the week. (OT at work.) I attached a new version with what I have done. [Edited - Previous Version Removed, See Current Post For Latest Version]

@ LIGHTNING UK! - I added the code for the XP manifest but I am still trying to figure out how to add the manifest to the .exe as a resource. I attached a manifest file for testing - just remove the .txt from the name. (Wouldn't let me upload as a manifest file.)

I scaled the following media types per your previous post :

CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW - 1.125GB full scale / 125MB increments.
DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RAM - 4.5GB full scale / 500MB increments.
DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL - 9.0GB full scale / 1GB increments.
HD DVD-ROM, HD DVD-R, HD DVD-RW, HD DVD-RAM - 18.0 GB full scale / 2GB increments.
BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE - 27.0GB full scale / 3GB increments.

You didn't mention DL HD DVD or DL BD media as types that ImgBurn would report in the .ibg files. Should I add these media types as well ?

I am saving the plots as a .png now. Let me know if I corrected the "save" problem and if I am only capturing BurnPlot instead of the whole desktop.

@ Everyone - Try it out and let me know how it works.

Thanks.

Edited by Daystrom M5, 20 June 2009 - 09:36 AM.

#59 Cynthia

Cynthia

ISF Newbie

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the new version! :)

When I select the 'Open ImgBurn Graph File' option - I do have 1777 graph files saved in that folder - but it will only show 6 files from the folder and they show up in a random way (not the latest or oldest).

Edit: I see the issue. The program is picking the graph file folder of the currently logged in user. Couldn't it pick the same folder as you have set as save folder for the graph files in the ImgBurn settings?

090619a.png

090619b.png

#60 Cynthia

Cynthia

ISF Newbie

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

Suggestion.

I think some of the options rows are tricky to see - especially the blue one.

090619d.png

Perhaps a scheme like this - and eventually when the option is disabled - let the text fade out/grey out a bit.

090619e.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users