Questions errors burn

gamercr7

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't even look like an opencandy detection issue.

Maybe you clicked an advert rather than going to the download page and picking from the seven listed mirror sites.

As such, you may have ended up with just about anything.

And why are you downloading it again when you already have it? Have you reformatted?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this.  Why was it posted here?  And that I also didn't think it was opencandy, but had no idea what it was.  I also think one of the download mirrors was missed and some kind of advert was selected.  Or one of the mirrors is serving up something it shouldn't be.

Well, I don't know if the graph data will get worse as the years go on or just, one day, you find you can't read the disc at all.

MDisc does not use DVD type organic dyes.  BD-R uses metal oxide so it lasts longer.  I don't know how MDisc works but the analogy is similar to using a laser to etch pits in stone.

You just don't give up do you. Every day new questions. How do uit expect us to predict YOUR results with Mdisc over years when Mdisc is very new? Try it and test for yourself then make your conclusions.

No, we already told your a few times here. MDISC uses an inorganic carbon recording surface.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

i have doubt long time, It is possible fungi to develop in the polycarbonate of cdr/dvdr/mdisc and eat the disc polycarbonate, dye, glue? I read on the internet a fungus called Geotrichum that attacks optical media

Edited by gamercr7

I know there is something called layer/disc rot.  It's apparently when, over time, the glue holding the readable layer to the physical disc rots and separates from the disc itself, rendering it unplayable.  That could be caused by some kind of fungal infection, I suppose.  Especially on DVD-R which uses organic dyes.

Here we go again, instead of burn and dye composite questions we've now gone into fungus world.

You read on the internet about the fungus, use those same internet search/reading skills to know what and how it does what it does.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

1 for long-term archival of data and non-fungus in diusc polycarbonate is recommended CD-R, DVDR, MDisc DVDR, Blu-ray? Or do they all have the same resistance, structure, and same problems?

2 For storage of CDs, DVDs, MDiscs what is the best place to prevent fungal growth?

Edited by gamercr7

1 of course they don't have the same consistency. One uses inorganic dye the other a carbon. You've been told that a dozen times now.

2. The same place as with any optical disc. Dark and dry place. Google it

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

1 I keep my dvdr verbatim and mdisc dvd inside black case of dvd, black is dark, the place where I keep them is only moist on rainy days, on these rainy days the fungus develop?

2 Does the dvdr mdisc suffer from any jitter, pie, pif degradation every year?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.