Bug in the forum software?

dbminter

This is the 2nd time I've encountered it now, so, it appears to be a problem in the forum software. Has anyone else noticed it?

When I highlight something and want to give the text two attributes, say, Bold and Italics, when I select first Bold and then Italics, what it does is surround the text with but Italics only puts [/i] after [/ b]. I have to go in and manually type in the at the other end. Now, it may just be the way the forum software is written, because, if you manually highlight the text again and repeat each text change one at a time, it works properly. And, I didn't know where else to post something like this. :D Especially since it's such a small error. If it could even be considered an error since it just appears to be a shortcoming in thinking of how the user might work with the software.

IE7 Beta 3

Yes, for me, once I click the B it adds the bit and then moves the cursor to the right of what I'd selected and deselects what I'd selected.

I'm not sure if you can call it a bug though, it might be by design.

If you use the WYSIWIG editor, it might work differently.

Maybe it's only a Firefox thing. I hadn't tried any other browsers yet. But, Firefox does have one annoyance I've noticed with the board that no other browsers do. The ' key SOMETIMES opens the Search function of Firefox. :rolleyes: So, I can't always use contractions. :) So, for it to affect FF, and since no one else apparently has tried it there yet... :unknown:

I have Firefox 1.5.0.4 and it doesn't show the brackets like it did on previous versions, it changes it as you type to whatever your selecting it do, however you do have to turn them both off manually, as it leaves the options selected.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.