ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Verbatim DVD+R DL's Shipping deal

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:34 PM

I have been struggling to get Verbatim DVD+R DL discs in England for a while as there appears to be a world shortage. lmao2k put me onto this chap on US ebay who has them very reasonably priced and so I ordered some yesterday.

With the exchange rate and postage and packing I am paying ?28ish for 20 discs which seems a good deal to me.

Anyway the chap who owns the shop is called Michael and his ebay shop can be found at :

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Netsoft-Media-Company

http://www.netsoftmedia.com/

He has also offered a $2 discount on the international shipping rates for ImgBurn people, you can get this discount by using the discount box during checkout at eBay to enter "imgburn.com discount" (something to that affect) in the notes section.

As the discs are already a very good price I think this is a good offer !! :) If you wish to use Paypal to pay for your discs you will need to contact him first to get his agreement.

Posted Image

For the ImgBurn Drives & Media reviews click here. Having trouble burning your dual layer discs ? Then check this out ! Want to interpret your disc scans ? Click here to read Corny's guide

Check out www.nomorecoasters.com or www.videohelp.com for media dye review. Check out SVP Communications for great deals on blank disc media. . To update your drives firmware check out www.rpc1.org . For an easy to follow guide for firmware updates click here for Shamus' guide. . For a guide to burning Dual Layer Disks with PgcEdit click here for blutach's guide.

#2 DasReich

DasReich

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Contents of the Fridge, collecting bellybutton fluff.

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for that Lfc, I keep checking with SVP but theyve had nothing for ages with nothing on the horizon either....

Will have a look at the link later....

Whats the likelyhood of getting stung by customs though, I used to order a lot of stuff from the states due to good price differences, but got stung occasionally by Her Majesty.

Dave.

#3 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:39 PM

Well If the goods are less than ?18 in value you wouldn't have any bother. Perhaps you could mail Michael and see if he agrees I only ordered 20 this time around and the value was under the ?18 threshold so mine won't interest customs :)

Posted Image

For the ImgBurn Drives & Media reviews click here. Having trouble burning your dual layer discs ? Then check this out ! Want to interpret your disc scans ? Click here to read Corny's guide

Check out www.nomorecoasters.com or www.videohelp.com for media dye review. Check out SVP Communications for great deals on blank disc media. . To update your drives firmware check out www.rpc1.org . For an easy to follow guide for firmware updates click here for Shamus' guide. . For a guide to burning Dual Layer Disks with PgcEdit click here for blutach's guide.

#4 lmao2k

lmao2k

The Original One

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Interests:Taking over the world and gardening

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

:ph34r:
The author of this post does not in anyway, shape or form endorse any activities, that could be deemed illegal/unlawful in any part of the world, that he/she may suggest/hint/divulge or talk about in anyway shape or form within this post/thread/forum. If you do not agree please leave now.

#5 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

You're famous now lmao2k =))

Posted Image

#6 dontasciime

dontasciime

Mood : Forgetfu

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

I'm ordering 60, but hopefully declared will be less than 18 gbp cadeau/gift.

Either that or posty will meet mr baseball bat :D

#7 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,025 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

lol well that's 200 from the people at imgburn.com today alone!
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#8 dontasciime

dontasciime

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

i looked at his auction last week nearly bought them then and there, waited, not had much luck buying from states i always seem to get stung !! .

Word of warning do not ever buy of the fastmemoryman in USA.

Anyways gotta get a move on before he sells out.

#9 lmao2k

lmao2k

The Original One

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Interests:Taking over the world and gardening

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:59 PM

Never had a problem from the buying from the states. I usually do a test buy and if all goes well I go in for the kill. I won't be buying anymore for now, so thats leave plenty for everyone else :thumbup:
The author of this post does not in anyway, shape or form endorse any activities, that could be deemed illegal/unlawful in any part of the world, that he/she may suggest/hint/divulge or talk about in anyway shape or form within this post/thread/forum. If you do not agree please leave now.

#10 kirk1701™

kirk1701™

ISF Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, gardning and computers. Anything else that involves creativity

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

For those in the states, polo posted this a couple weeks ago

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=33871

Even without the $10 rebate newegg is still cheaper then this guy on e-bay.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16817130008

Not by much but... :thumbup:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:53 AM

I think it's the postage deal with Michael that settles this for us in Europe kirk :)

Posted Image

#12 dontasciime

dontasciime

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

yeah newegg do not ship to the UK

#13 polopony

polopony

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:12 PM

yeah newegg do not ship to the UK

its a pity because their service is a cut above everyone else, good products ,prices, and they get it to you really fast and often free shipping

#14 polopony

polopony

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:13 PM

drat

#15 dontasciime

dontasciime

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

I asked newegg about 2 years ago about shipping to UK and that i knew hundreds of people that would order from them if they set it up.

I was told then they are thinking about it.

2 years on i asked them again the other night, Got the reply they are thinking about it.

FFS how long does it take to think about something.

#16 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

Well longer than 2 years obviously ! =))

Seriously this chap on e-bay can manage it without bother so why not big companies like newegg ?

Posted Image

#17 kirk1701™

kirk1701™

ISF Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, gardning and computers. Anything else that involves creativity

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:11 PM

Well longer than 2 years obviously ! =))

Seriously this chap on e-bay can manage it without bother so why not big companies like newegg ?

Exactly :thumbup:

It wouldn't pay for me to live overseas, I spend too much time and money with newegg.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 digidragon

digidragon

Dual-layer Dragon

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:54 AM

...so mine won't interest customs

Unlike most of the DVDs you try to import... :whistling: ? ;)

Thanks for the post, though. I too have been waiting for SVP to get some more in, so I'll check out that ebay shop.
Burner: BenQ DW1620 B7W9 ▪ DVD player: Philips DVP5960 ▪ Beer: Okocim

#19 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:55 AM

No worries Michael seems to be a very decent ebayer and is keen to help us all out !! :lol:

Posted Image

#20 digidragon

digidragon

Dual-layer Dragon

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

Just to let you know that if you don't do ebay, then SVP now have them in stock at ?17.81 for a spindle of 10.
Burner: BenQ DW1620 B7W9 ▪ DVD player: Philips DVP5960 ▪ Beer: Okocim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users